Chapter 30

A/N: Good day my dears, hope you all are well! Before reading, I just want to warn you of a few things going down in the upcoming chapter. While it is meant to be a lovey dovey holiday centered update, there will be other elements throughout; a prime example being racial and prejudicial behavior. I want it known again that I do not condone such actions (I am of mixed race as is the rest of my family btw) but it is needed for story/character development. Ok, now that's out of the way, enjoy the read! 😁

-----

"She doesn't fit in."

Somewhere between D.C. and Baltimore, we pulled into a very upper class neighborhood. It was the type of neighborhood that had pristine manicured lawns, wrought iron gates, flashy cars in the driveway and various country clubs that catered to golfers and tennis pros alike. In the darkness, all the houses looked the same down to the very generic Christmas decorations.

Johnny was silent the closer we got to his aunt's house. Hers was situated, you guessed it, at the very end partially over a large green hill. It was as if she wanted people to see how important and exclusive she was. I guess being married three times had its post perks.

All the lights in the house were lit up and the long driveway before us was filled with cars, the majority foreign and very expensive. Instead of going up the driveway, Johnny parked us on the side in front of the house along with a few others. He cut off the engine yet made no move to exit the vehicle. I coughed awkwardly, taking in the fog collecting on the windshield.

"Johnny-"

"Just another minute ok? And I promise we'll go in."

"I don't mind sitting out here all night to be honest," I began, my tone light. "That house looks way too imposing for my liking."

"Try living there," he replied stiffly.

"Sorry," I answered immediately, realizing how insensitive my comment was.

Johnny sighed as he removed his seat belt to turn towards me. "Don't be sorry little duck. I just have issues being home and around these people."

I smiled softly, reaching over to cup his cheek. "We all have our issues; I sure as hell do."

Johnny leaned into my touch. "Yeah," he replied gruffly.

"You've been helping with mine Johnny and who's to say I can't do the same for you," I stated, lightly caressing his cheek with my thumb.

His dark eyes were unwavering as he gazed at me. Slowly, he leaned till our lips connected. His large palms held my face in place while my own went to his firm chest. I moaned into his mouth leading his tongue to explore. I heard the click of my seat belt and soon, Johnny was sliding me across the seat closer to him. And with strength that still surprises me, he had me straddling his lap.

"You know what...I'd much rather...stay out here...too." Johnny stated in between heated neck kisses.

"But, your aunt," I was growing hot in his car and was fighting the urge to say yes to him.

"Screw my aunt," he growled.

"I hope not literally..." I replied cheekily, earning a nip on my pulse point. I gasped, grasping his shoulders.

"I'm sure you know who I want to screw right now sweetheart," his lips ghosted over my ear. His words settled in the air between us, making me pull away.

I bit my lip, a variety of thoughts ablaze in my head. "Only screw?" I asked softly.

Johnny sobered up too, his face reflecting my own worrisome thoughts. "No Lennon, that was a poor choice of words," he paused, caressing my face. "I want so much more than with you...you are worth more than just that. You understand that right?"