Chapter 7

A/N: Greetings lovelies! Sorry for my lateness, this weekend was crazy for me and I hope this update makes up for it. This chapter  (along with the next few) have been ones I've been most excited to share so far. It may be early, but this along with the next few are Halloween themed, yas! 😁 Autumn is my all time favorite season and Halloween my fave holiday so a little biy of me will be featured throughout, hope yall like it 😘

-----

"So what's your Halloween costume? The blob?"

Summer came and went. And with it pushed my favorite season, Fall! Yes, it was already October shockingly enough, September just breezing by. Even though the school had quartely exams to study for, I was still excited. I loved how crisp and cool the air was each and every morning. The leaves were changing from green to orange and made the sweetest crunch sound when you walked on them.

Plus, I got to wear layers. Lots and lots of layers! The fashion transition was probably one of my top reasons for loving the season; I'd take a pair of boots over flip flops any day. And I liked getting to watch all my favorite scary movies without judgement. I was so ready to start binge watching all things Chucky, Freddy, Jason, and everything in between from ghosts to zombies.

Halloween was always my favorite holiday despite not having many plans growing up. I did get enjoy trick or treating and Halloween parties till I reached junior high; apparently having the blob at your party was a definite no-no. I shook my head as I walked in an attempt to keep those thoughts at bay. It was pre-Hallows Eve and I actually had plans for the evening.

I skipped down the sidewalk at the concept of doing something for the holiday since I ended up passing out candy and watching 'Trick R Treat' last year. But technically, I had plans for this time around! Tonight, Ash and I were hosting a horror movie marathon with Quinn and Monique. Gah! I silently thanked my supervisor for granting me a free weekend.

Switching the bags to one hand, I unlocked the front door and headed in. Walking down the hall, I grinned at the decorations. Along the walls were glittery skulls and black cat stickers while fake spiders dangled from the ceiling. Spiderwebs occupied the corners and were draped on the furniture.

In the kitchen, Ash dressed in her black and white 'Beetlejuice' pajamas, arranged various snacks into plastic cauldrons. Our new TV was set to Netflix, already on the Horror movie section. I inwardly squealed as I set down the sodas and candy, I was so ready for the evening.

"Hey, need any help?" I asked.

"Can you put these on the coffee table?" She gestured to the cauldrons. I nodded and took the lot.

"What time were the girls gonna be here?" I called out.

"In another half hour!"

"So I have time to take a shower then?" I called back. Despite the cooler air outside, I did end up getting a bit sweaty on my walk back from the convenience store.

"Sure, hurry up though! I'm not sure if they'll be fashionably late."

Shaking my head, I ran to my room to dig up some pjs for the evening and rushed to take a shower, opting out my hair routine; I can always clean and condition it tomorrow. After taking the quickest shower and throwing on a new set of pjs from mom (semi baggy Jack Skellington tank tee with matching skull fleece shorts), I heard the door knock.

Slipping on my furry monster slippers, I rushed for the door. Bouncing on my heels, I unlocked the deadbolt then swung the door open. My smile dropped seeing that it wasn't Quinn nor Monique waiting on the other side. Instead, it was a pair of males.