Chapter 33

A/N: Hello my dears! Sorry for the wait and I appreciate your patience. So this particular chapter is the first in a special three part set of updates. In these three updates, you will learn more about Lennon and what's happened to her. The next two chapters after this one will be two different flashback segments that take place a year prior to the beginning of the story. And fair warning, both chapters have heavy trigger warnings so proceed with caution. One of the flashbacks will be posted sometime tomorrow while the other will be posted sometime next week. Also, this chapter is a bit shorter but the next two should hopefully make up for it 😊

-----

"Tragic backstory with a side of take-out."

They both ended up having to reapply their makeup due to a ten minute cry fest that I unfortunately was trapped between. Once I assured them that I would keep them updated throughout the night and if I was feeling down then to let them or Dr. Bhodes know ASAP. I felt like I was twelve years old again.

At least I was finally alone.

Tiny victories I guess.

And in celebration of my alone time, I decided to pig out like the true fatty I was. I broke my unofficial diet and ordered enough Chinese and Italian to feed a small army. My mouth was watering at the half a dozen metal bins in a semi circle in front of me. Steam erupted from the containers as I lifted the lids one by one. What to eat first...

'Stuffed Shells or Lo Mein'

'Meatball Marinara Supreme or Chicken Fried Rice'

'Garlic Knots or Spring Rolls'

I bit my lip as I reached for a spring roll and took a large bite. The fried wrapping it was in crunched in my mouth and steamed from the other half. I tossed the remaining of the roll, ready to grab a second when the doorbell rung. I perked my head up and looked at the overhead clock. It was fifteen after eleven.

I wasn't expecting any guests this evening. Johnny was MIA and Ash was in China. Monique went up to New York with Quinn and her brother while both Kane and Kaden were down south for their break. It had been barely a few hours since my mothers left so I was pretty sure it wasn't either of them. However, if they forgot their key, they'd ring the bell multiple times till I answered.

After a beat, the occupant began knocking lightly on the door. I gulped, rising from my position on the carpet and headed for the door. Pressing my face against the door, my breathing hitched when I noticed the other end of the keyhole was black.

Someone must not want me to see them.

I quickly opened the side closet and removed the wooden bat that Caya reserved for her restaurant's softball team. The knocks ceased when I began unlocking the door. Taking a deep breath and getting my arm ready, I gripped the doorknob and swung inward. The bat fell to the floor a moment later with a loud clang.

"Were you really planning on clocking me with that little duck?" I squealed as I jumped into his arms, nearly toppling us over. "Ah, that's better," he paused as I felt his arms wrap around me, "I've missed you so much."

My heart swelled at his proclamation as I hugged him a bit tighter. A handful of unanswered questions weighed down my mind as I stood in his arms. A selfish part of me was a bit miffed by his absent behavior. I wanted to ask what he's been up to and how Lily was doing. Yet at the moment, another urge made me temporarily forget all that my curious self desired to know.

I pulled away first and tugged him inside. After locking the door, I rotated on my heel to face him. Grabbing his face, I pulled him down for a heated kiss. I could tell Johnny was shocked but warmed up quickly as he pushed me against the door, dominating the kiss. He pressed against me, his hard body fusing with my softer one leading me to moan into his mouth. Johnny swallowed it up, uttering his own growl in return. With a light tug to my bottom lip, he pulled away.