Chapter 29

A/N: Hello loves! I noticed there are some new readers here and I wanted to welcome you all! Thank you so much for checking out my story and joining the craziness! At the moment, I'm trying to get on track with when I'll be updating and I'm doing some edits on a new story I plan on posting. Woohoo, so exciting! But for now, enjoy the update! 😉 oh and side note, this story is over 30K! Yaaaaaaaaaas 😁

-----

"The Night Before."

The party carried on till two in the morning, my friends being the last ones to vacate. Well, all except Johnny of course. He stayed till around four after both Elizabeth and Clea decided to turn in. With promises to not go up to my room, Johnny was able to hang out just a little while longer.

Still in my red dress, sans silver heels and Johnny without his jacket, we cuddled on the couch. With my legs tucked underneath me, I fused myself to Johnny's side while he rubbed my scalp and channel surfed. It was officially Christmas Eve and all sorts of holiday specials were running despite the late hour.

Johnny settled on 'A Christmas Story' before speaking up. "Lennon?"

"Hmmm?" I murmured, on the cusp of sleep.

"Do you have any sort obligations with your moms tonight?" He asked softly, his nimble fingers weaving through my hair. I rolled my eyes shut, thinking. I never really did much with my moms on Christmas Eve cause Elizabeth was usually busy at the shop and Clea had catering orders to finish. Whatever traditions we had were condoned on Christmas Day.

"Nothing really; both of them will be working and I'm usually just catching up on a book," I stated earning a grunt in response. "Why do you ask?"

"My aunt is having her annual Christmas party tonight and I'd love if you could go with me," he rushed out. His fingers ceased movement when I sat up to look at him. "I know its last minute-"

"Really?" I replied in wonder earning a rapt nod. "But your aunt doesn't exactly like me."

"She doesn't like anybody to be honest," he muttered. "But it would be much more pleasant and bearable with you there," Johnny pleaded. "And, both my sister and cousin would love to see you!"

I bit my lip, unsure. Johnny's eyes followed my movements and I could tell he was trying hard to keep focused till I answered. "Not to sound like that type of girlfriend..."

Johnny snickered, "you finally acknowledge it."

I smacked his arm lightly, making him snicker. "Anyways! Not to be that type of girlfriend but...you won't leave me, will you? While we're at the party."

His dark eyes softened as he leaned forward till his lips met mine in a soft sweet kiss. "I will stay by your side all evening." He paused, pulling back an inch. "Unless Lily or Nora steals you away at some point."

I smirked, "well, if you put it that way..."

Johnny perked up. "So you'll go?"

"If my moms are cool with it then I don't see why not!" I grinned. I knew I was eighteen and a legal adult, but I was still in their house and following their rules. And even worse, I didn't want to give them an unnecessary reason to worry over me.

Johnny chuckled nervously as he scratched the back of his neck, looking away from me. "Actually...hehe, uhm...they're fine with it..."

My eyebrows rose. "They are?" I questioned. "And this happened when?"

"When you and the girls were fawning over the chocolate fountain," he grinned.

"Very sneaky Johnny," I commented.