Chapter 39

A/N: Hello my lovelies! So, funny (yet not so funny story)...this chapter has been sitting here for over a week cause I legit thought I posted and during that week I had a freakout thinking nobody was up here...till I added a new chapter and saw I only saved it 😑 dear jeezus, I feel like a dunce. Anyways, thanks for being patient and I hope y'all enjoy! 😊

-----

"To deny is to invite madness."

'3rd Person POV'

"GO!"

Barely a second after the wave of the flag, both cars were off. A large dirt cloud took up Johnny's rear view as he raced onto the darkened road, Romano not far behind. Both cars raced up ahead, their turns hard and wild as they hit their first checkpoint: an abandoned warehouse.

Yanking the wheel hard, Johnny swooped in front of Romano, grinning widely into his rearview. Despite the dim lighting along the old dirt road, Johnny felt confident that he could win this race with his eyes closed. He knew every curve and every ditch like the back of his own hand. Racing along this road was so familiar that it was second nature.

Romano's Ferrari rode against Johnny's bumper, hoping to make a quick pass; but he could never follow through. His car although fancy, it was not meant for this type of track. He zigzagged behind him, coming close to going off road into the old wooden fence. The mustang roared as Johnny switched gears, going around a decaying post.

Round and round once more.

Romano growled from within his vehicle as he pushed harder practically pushing against the Mustang. Metal on metal. Johnny momentarily lost control and Romano breezed ahead, now neck and neck. Johnny griped the steering wheel with one hand while the other remained latched on the gearshift. He was not going to lose his last race. Not by a long shot.

The last checkpoint was dead ahead and both drivers stepped on the gas quickly approaching the final turn. Johnny pushed forward and in a fit of anger, Romano side swiped the Mustang. However, anticipating his dirty work, Johnny slammed on his breaks causing the flashy Ferrari to spin around uncontrollable. Johnny silently cheered as he put his car back in gear and sped off.

Johnny crossed the imaginary finish line just as Romano righted his vehicle and raced behind. Once stopped, he slammed his fists against his steering wheel before exiting his car. He shouted swears and curses in Italian all the while restrained by his entourage. Johnny watched the tantrum unfold from the comfort of his car, taking his sweet time before exiting.

A cocky smirk adorned his cheeks as he strutted towards Marco. The old Johnny Masters briefly took over as he collected his winnings, relishing in his final recording breaking win and indulging the crowd. The usual swarm of women flocked over, expressing their interest and praise for the winner. Johnny smiled and thanked each female that stood before him, lost of only a moment. A moment that did not go unnoticed by a certain hazel eyed woman.

And those eyes bored into Johnny Masters as he schmoozed the crowd before him. Sensing the unknown gaze, he turned his head in the direction to the original crowd. His blood went cold that instant.

Lennon.

'End of POV'

~*~

It was my turn to run. And that was the real challenge. Actually, getting away from my boyfriend is the root of said challenge. However, that was not my boyfriend I was looking at; that was not my Johnny. Ugh, I hate that I even though such a thing.