Chapter 8

A/N: And since I cannot help myself, here is an early update, yas! Also, this story is close to a thousand reads and I'm extra hype! 😁 fair warning, things are gonna get real interesting teehee!

-----

"Never have I ever...wanted to live."

I was convinced that I was dead. Or in shock. Or dead from shock. That was the only explanation for how I was feeling at that moment. And it was the only way I could convince myself that the text Johnny sent me an hour ago had to be false. It must've been for someone else? He must have plenty of suitors, right?

But how many of them does he call 'little duck'?

Maybe that's a nickname for all in his harem? My heart clenched at the thought of him using the nickname for someone else.

After I read that, I apologized and scooted back till I reached Ash's open legs. She said nothing as she proceeded to massage my scalp which helped to block out my thoughts. That and we were watching 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' much to Quinn's delight.

However, that film was short and the night was still young.

"What's next on the agenda?" Q asked, standing up to stretch as did the K brothers. Johnny excused himself to the bathroom, his eyes cast forward.

"How about we play a game?" Monique asked.

"I'm down. Anybody know how to play strip poker?" Kaden grinned.

"Do you know how to not be a sick creeper?" Monique countered.

Kaden looked thoughtful for a moment then smirked widely, "not particularly."

Quinn groaned, looking to Kane. "How is it possible the two of you are related?"

Kane shrugged. "I'm pretty sure he was dropped on his head a few times," Kaden flipped him off at that comment.

"How about a drinking game?" Ash suggested.

"Yeah!" All but myself chorused in agreement.

"I'll grab the cases," Kane mumbled.

"But what game?" Quinn asked as Kane handed each of us a Smirnoff, setting one aside for Johnny.

"How about 'Never Have I Ever'? You REALLY get to know someone when that game is played," Kaden winked.

"That's true." Johnny commented, rejoining the circle. He sat on the floor across from me next to Q who sat beside the K brothers. I was in between Ash and Quinn with Monique on the end.

"Bitch drinks?" Johnny eyed the glass bottle, "way to keep it classy Washington."

Kane's eye twitched and he quickly covered it with a chuckle. "My brother has odd tastes."

"C'mon man!"

I sighed watching the banter, everyone temporarily distracted; myself for different reasons. Johnny still refused to look at me, making me anxious. With a sigh, I quickly sent him a text.

Me
I'm sorry Johnny, I didn't realize that I had that much of an effect on you~

I watched as he got out his phone and unlocked it. I almost didn't catch his sharp intake of breath as his eyes skimmed the screen. Johnny rubbed the back of his neck as his fingers went to work. He looked up just as my phone vibrated in my lap.

Johnny
More than you realize little duck :)

Johnny was still looking my way with a small smile on his lips. 'We good' I mouthed and he nodded in return. Ok, I feel a tad better now.