Chapter 42

A/N: Good day dear readers! Sorry for the delay and I appreciate y'all being so patient, y'all are the best! This chapter is a bit shorter but we get to see more of Johnny's POV and a little insight to the special 'plan', enjoy my dearies!

-----

"If you're lucky enough to be alive, you should use each birthday to celebrate what your life is about."

'Johnny's POV'

Tonight was date night, one of my favorite nights out of the week. Since Lennon and I didn't have many classes this semester, we didn't see each other very often. In addition, with Lennon's added workload or my Lily days, this left less time hence the date night. And on this particular night (usually Wednesday or Thursday), we were enjoying takeout ramen along with more talk time.

I swear, I learn a new thing about this girl every day and I don't think I'll ever grow bored with her. It is something I have thought and said to her on numerous occasions, but I just can't get over how lucky and fortunate I am. Scarily enough, I've come to realize how fortunate I am for Lennon considering that I almost lost her.

And I'm never gonna let that happen again. Well, I will try my hardest not to.

"Johnny?" My love questioned, her beautiful golden eyes fixed on me. That was honestly the first thing I noticed when I saw her in the coffee shop all those months ago, her golden eyes. They held so much...innocence, pain, wonder, love...I was captivated.

Still am.

"I'm sorry love, you just captivate me," I stated honestly earning shy look and a headshake that I thought was the cutest thing. I sighed, feeling content just staring at her and enjoying her company.

"Your food is gonna get cold if you just sit there," she smirked as she sipped her broth.

"I guess I'll just have to eat something else then," I teased. She promptly spit out her noodles and proceeded to cough loudly. I scooted closer to pat her back and handed her a cup of water once she calmed down.

"Don't. Do. That." She said in between coughs.

"Don't do what?" I asked innocently.

She glared in my direction. "You know what..."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied, looking away. She huffed before shoving me away. "Wow, someone's feisty today."

"And someone's pervy today," she countered.

I scoffed, "I'm pervy everyday."

"So you admit it!"

"Well, I do it only for you."

Lennon rolled her eyes yet she still smiled for me. And I loved that. She was too cute and sweet for her own good sometimes but that was one of the wonderful things that made Lennon, well, Lennon. Dear Lord, I loved this girl so much.

"What topic were we on this time love?" I asked, switching it up.

She groaned, "high school."

"Oh, right..." I frowned. High school was a very sore subject and I found myself treading carefully whenever the topic came up. "We don't have to-"

"Nah, it's fine," she took in a shaky breath, "there really isn't much for me to talk about. I hid in the library whenever I could and avoided all social events. I didn't attend pep rallies, the games, dances, homecoming...and since I graduated early after my...my incident, I missed out on socials, prom-"