Chapter 41, part 2

A/N: Here's part two as promised! Originally, I was gonna post this as one giant chapter but I was afraid of possible overload lol. Anyways, there's more randomness going on in this chapter, enjoy!

-----

"...and I'll cry if I want to."

Mimi did more than just a simple blowout and highlights; she completely transformed my head. She chopped off six inches, the new length at my shoulders and side bangs along with honey blonde highlights that gave off a sun kissed summer look. I squealed at my reflection before pouncing onto a grinning Mimi.

"Gracias Mimi!" I cheered before stepping back to look at myself again. I just wanted to run my fingers through it but I knew that was a no-no after getting it done.

"De nada mami! Now you go have fun tonight, ok?"

"And by fun, you mean...?"

"No-no, vamos! Out you go!" She shouted as she shoved me out of the door to the already waiting Reggie. "Te amo grano de cacao, you enjoy your night!"

"Te amo Mimi and thank you again!" I waved back as Reggie started driving.

After complimenting my hair, he said we were heading to our final stop of the day; more like evening since it was after six. Jeez, I had been out and about all day. What were my mothers up to? Did they plan some fancy night out for my birthday? They knew I wasn't into big and flashy set ups. And judging by the hotel Reggie just pulled in front of, flashy seemed to be a big theme.

"The Ritz-Carlton?" I squeaked out, peeking through the window at the brightly lit skyscraper. "This is my last stop?"

"Well, it is my last stop miss," he stated before handing me a small card with the hotel's logo. Puzzled, I opened the inside to see a plastic key and along the side was a scribbled room number for the top floor. "That is where you're meant go Miss Jennings."

I nodded as I opened the door. Pausing, I flashed Reggie a smile, "thank you for driving me around today Reggie; you've been very kind."

"It was my pleasure Miss Jennings," he smiled, "you have a good evening and happy birthday." I thanked him as I exited and promptly closed the door behind me.

Breathing deeply and with my head high, I strutted though the glass double doors into the lobby; I made it a few feet into the large room before I got distracted. The grey colored floors are tiled in fine marble, which made every step echo. A chandelier made of the finest crystal sparkled across the luxurious lobby. Exquisite paintings hung from the rich, blue walls and ash colored couches dotted the room. A long mahogany desk situated near the back and beside was the elevators.

With extra pep, I power walked to the elevators and once inside, I aggressively pressed the button to my floor. Thankfully, no other soul needed the elevator, which granted much needed reflection time. However, all I could think about was what waiting for me on this floor. I mean, getting extra fresh and clean was fun but being in this super refined (and very expensive) hotel was putting me through the ringer.

A light ding alerted me to my stop and after checking my room number, I headed to the right. Cream colored walls and beige carpet lead me to the very end where my room was located. A lone 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign hung from the knob and soft music played from the other side. Slowly, I lifted my closed fist to knock lightly against the door.

The music ceased and a single click was all I heard before the door swung open. My mouth fell open as I shouted loudly. A trio of arms pulled me in immediately and we proceeded to jump in the hallway, our voices growing louder with each moment.