Chapter 45

A/N: Hello my dear people! Hope none of yall forgot this story due to my delays 😓 the closer I get to concluding this story has been messing with me a bit and I'm doing my best to wrap it all up together. Also, I've been having issues with writing in the restricted section which I apologize for and will do my best to rectify. Anyways, this chapter is a bit on the longer side and mostly filler but I like to think there are some important moments throughout. So...that's it for now I guess, enjoy!

-----

"Your cannonball is a tsunami!"

"Ok, let me get this straight...Johnny owns a lake house off of Montebella?"

I nodded.

"And he asked you to spend Spring Break there?"

I nodded again.

"He's also is inviting us all up there as well?"

I sighed, "yes Ash."

"Oh my Buddha, that is so awesome!" Ash squealed, jumping the air. "And to think I was gonna have to help with my parent's restuarant this year! Ah, I finally have other plans!"

I shook my head as shuffled through some receipts. Ash came to the bookstore to keep me company till my shift ended since we were meeting the girls for a late lunch. Since it was the beginning of March, most of the orders for the new semester had been picked up so business was dead. According to my manager, it wouldn't pick up till after spring break when part of the campus will be starting six week courses.

She leaned against the counter as she tapped on her phone, "Quinn wants to know if we can try this Indian place downtown?"

"That's fine," I replied, glancing her way briefly, "off the counter please."

Ash stood up as she continued to type. "How many people can his place hold?"

"I think ten...why?"

"Lennon, you do realize there's alot of us right?"

I shrugged as I mentally tallied our group. "Oh, right..."

Ash set aside her phone to give me a look. "You ok up there Lennon?"

I frowned. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because I'm more hyped up for this trip than you are," she paused, "you are excited right?"

A heavy sigh escaped me yet it did nothing to relieve my heavy mind. It had been a few weeks since my birthday and I feel like my relationship with Johnny has shifted tremendously. I feel like the trust I had in him was restored and it made me think of potential steps we should be taking; a more intimate step in our relationship. It was a step that both excited me and horrified my very being.

My eyes roamed the store just to make sure it was empty before I spoke again. "Ok Ash, at what point were you sure you were ready to have sex with Kane?"

Her eyes widened slightly as light flush adorned her cheeks. "Holy crap Lennon, that's what you're worried about? Screwing Johnny during the trip?" Ash asked her voice increasing in volume.

"Shhhhh!" I hissed, my head bobbing around once more. "Could you be any more crass?"

Ash appeared thoughtful, "probably." I rolled my eyes. "So...?" She prompted.

"Ash..." I began, shaking my head. I was quickly regretting bringing up the topic, but it's been nagging me for awhile now. I also couldn't bring myself to ask one of the other girls about it and I sure as hell wouldn't bring this up to either of my mothers.