Chapter 6

A/N: Woohoo, yay for an early update! 😘 this story is close to 500 reads and omg I'm so excited! Thank you so much for reading this story and all the feedback. Side Note, I added a new cover, yay or naw? Let me know what yall think, please and thanks! 😁

-----

"Ew! What is THAT doing here?!?"

"My my Lennie. Why didn't you tell me that you could dance?" My eyes shot open and I twisted my body around, releasing his grip.

"Duke." I spat out. He grinned, stepping closer while I stepped back.

"Awe, we were having fun a second ago," he smiled, looking me up and down.

I cringed. "Yeah, that was a second ago," I rotated on my heel and walked away.

"Eh! Lennie, wait!"

I power walked through the kitchen and out the glass doors till I made it outside. The backyard was vast and open, housing some lush trees and a large gazebo. I let out a deep breath as I stepped off the deck onto the freshly cut green grass. Other patrons stood off the side, some drinking and others smoking. They didn't acknowledge me as I trekked a few paces forward till I reached the gazebo.

The gazebo was large with a wrap around bench on the inside with a lit fire pit. The ceiling had a skyline so when I leaned back, I was able to see the stars. My phone pinged and seeing it was Ash asking where I was and if I was ok, I sent a quick response letting her know I was taking a breather.

"I guess I'm not the only one hiding."

I gasped, tossing my phone in the air. The owner of the voice chuckled and I looked up to see none other than Kane Washington sitting across from me. I flared my nostrils and sneered at his smiling face.

"That was rude," I stated, sticking out my tongue.

"So it avoiding a party." He replied as he bent down to hand me my phone.

"Isn't it your party?" I countered.

Kane shrugged, "touché."

"Congrats on the win by the way."

He smiled, "thanks, I was honestly afraid we wouldn't win."

"You had zero incomplete passes and were ahead by two touchdowns by the third quarter. Y'all were doing just fine."

Kane looked at me with an open mouth, shock etched on his face.

I cocked my head to one side. "What?"

"Marry me." I snorted loudly at his comment. "Seriously. I know how to cook and I like to clean. I have a shot at going pro next year and I'd do my damnest to make you happy." He said in a stern tone.

I was full on laughing now. And whenever I laughed hard, I snorted deep within my nose. If he supposedly wanted to marry me, he wouldn't feel the same till this laugh fest was completed. Kane chuckled as well and waited patiently for me to calm down.

"Although I truly appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to marry me," I giggled, "one, I honestly googled all things football during the first half of the game and two, you don't even know me." I added softly.

"I would like to though," he countered, ignoring my google admission.

"Why?" I slapped a hand over my mouth, letting the question hang.

Kane leaned forward, eyeing me intently. "Why not?" He asked back. I remained quiet as he seemed to gather his thoughts. "You're different Lennon. You know who you are and don't try to conform. You are easy to talk with and I find myself absorbing as much as I can. You interest me Lennon. Why wouldn't I pursue that?"