Chapter 14

A/N: Almost to 5K already my great people?! Omg, thank you all so much! Also, my apologies for the last chapter annnnnnnnnd it kinda goes downhill from here, teehee! Enjoy my dears and to the newbies that have just joined in, welcome to the craziness! 😘 P.S. do give the song above (by the fantastical group that is Fleetwood Mac) a listen while reading 😄

-----

"So, fat sluts exist? Gross!"

Tears brimmed my eyes as I chased after Ash and Quinn. They had a good heart start and me being athletically challenged, I was behind. Monique, who had been on my heels, stopped me once we got to the entrance. Looking up, I saw Quinn walking towards us with a solemn look on her flushed face.

She expelled a heavy breath from her freckled cheeks. "Ash caught a cab, but didn't share where she was going."

My lip trembled as I nodded. "I don't want Kane. I thought he was just a friend," I whispered, feeling Monique embrace my side.

"I know sweetie," Quinn agreed as she rubbed my arm, "but think about what Ash told us today."

"I know," I gasped as a wave of sobs quaked through me. "What do I do? How do I tell her?" I cried. "She's the closest thing I have to a best friend."

"Time." Monique answered simply. "Just give her time."

I nodded again as they both intertwined their arms with my own as we excited the game. I felt exhausted and didn't want to sit through the second quarter and I especially didn't want to see Kane. I was furious with him.

It took us a few minutes to walk across the parking lot to Monique's vehicle and while she started it up, Quinn helped me into the backseat. I felt completely and utterly crappy. My first friend and roommate more than likely hated me all because of a boy. Both my moms warned me that no boy is worth losing a friendship over. I mean, they should know more than anybody.

Since we left early, we were fortunate to not hit much traffic on the way back to campus. And I really hoped that I could catch Ash in the dorm. Once parked out front, I rushed out only for them to call me back. I bounced on my heels impatiently as Quinn rolled down here window.

"Not to be a bitch, but you know she might not be up there," Monique stated earning a head shake from me, "update us later please?"

"I will. And," I paused, biting my lip. "If, by the off chance..." I let my sentence hang in the air for a moment, not allowing myself to finish that troubling notion.

"We'll let you know as well," Quinn finished, sending me a small smile.

"Thanks," I replied sending a forced smile back and waving them off. As soon as Monique turned the corner, I dashed inside and headed for the fourth floor. Huffing slightly, I unlocked the door then closed it behind me. It was quiet as I walked further inward. All the stuff she bought for the kitchen and living room was still present so I took that as a good sign.

Turning down the hallway to our rooms, however, I noticed that Ash's door was cracked open. Inching closely, I rapt my knuckles against the wood as the door widened. I frowned as I looked around her room; it appeared as if a tornado blew through. Or the resulting chaos of someone who packed in a hurry.

I slouched against the wall till my bottom hit the floor. I must've just missed her. With my knees folded to my chest and my arms crossed over, I brought my head down as I let out a few shuddering breaths. She'll come back. Just give her time. And she'll be back.

~*~

It's been two weeks since the game and Ash still hasn't spoken to me. As far as I knew, she hasn't been back to our dorm either. And that hurt. Deeply. I understood why she was upset yet I would've expected her to hear my side of the story. Not that there really is much to tell. I had no interest in Kane aside from friendship, not that he deserved it at the moment with the stunt he pulled.