Chapter 34

A/N: Hello loves, it's been awhile and I owe ya'll a BIG explanation. Firstly though, I want to thank each and everyone of you reading this story for sticking around. Whether you're an old or new reader, I thank you so much for being so patient. Anyways, that explanation. I'm gonna real with you guys...I almost ended the story. I had so many scenarios in my head and had a few different versions for how this story could've panned out. I had an idea where Lennon actually died or all of this was the result of dreams from a coma...the list goes on. But I knew that wasn't where I wanted to go with this story and it wouldn't be right, especially to you lovely readers. Ok, that's part one of the explanation. And part two putting it simply, I was going through some personal stuff. Writing what I wrote recently took a lot and was a bit of a trigger to put it simply. I drew inspirations from my own personal demons and that of others to write the last chapter. Side note, I'm glad it was taken so positively and was relatable enough. So...yeah, I guess that's pretty much it? I'm alive and somewhat kicking lol. I will do my best to update this regularly as well as the restricted chapters for all my dirty birdies out there. Also, keep an eye for a new story too! Alrighty, now the moment you've all been waiting for...enjoy!

-----

"Ink."

An overwhelming heat and pressure against my back caused me to stir from dreamland. I blinked slowly, allowing my eyes to adjust to the bright yellow light streaming through my open curtains. I cursed myself internally for forgetting to close them before falling asleep and made a move to shut them now. Only, I was unable to move.

Looking down, I noticed two tatted muscular arms wrapped around my torso and one leg thrown over my own, essentially trapping me. Turning my head as far as I can, Johnny's sleeping face came into view. His pink lips were parted slightly as he breathed and more stubble graced his jaw. His hair was sticking up everywhere yet he still managed to look attractive. He looked completely at ease in this state.

Despite the bomb I dropped on him the previous evening.

I faced forward with a frown on my face and weight on my heart. After a brief conversation with my mother after the clock struck midnight, I confessed to Johnny. I shared the baggage that's been weighing me down for the last year; my hell in school, the bullying, the holiday dance, and my suicide attempt.

He knows everything.

And he stayed.

A light squeeze and groan from behind me caused my body to tense. Warm puffs of air grazing my neck mixing with the brief prodding at my lower back made it difficult for me to remain still; especially when I realized what that 'prodding' was.

"Morning love," Johnny greeted gruffly as he loosened his hold around me. "You smell really nice."

With a chuckle, I rolled over to face him. Johnny was sporting a lazy grin and although half lidded, his brown eyes seemed to sparkle as he gazed at me. How could he be so content right now considering what he knows? That thought alone made me frown and look away. And just as quickly as I moved my head, Johnny's gentle touch brought my face back to his.

"Would it be stupid of me to ask if you are alright?" He questioned softly.

"I should be asking you that question," I mumbled back.

Now it was Johnny's turn to frown. "Why would you be the one to ask?"

I rolled my eyes, "don't patronize me Johnny."

Johnny huffed and propped himself up. "Lennon, the way I see this, you confessing and everything...it was one of the bravest things you could ever do. You see it as shameful, I see it as courageous. You see weakness, I see strength. Why the hell would I patronize you for that?" Johnny exclaimed.