Chapter 37

A/N: Annnnnnnnd I'm back loves! Things are about to go down 😁

-----

"Can you keep a secret?"

After picking up Ash and making a pit stop at a local market to blow fifty bucks on junk food, we arrived back at the dorm to see both Monique and Quinn waiting with pizza. Ash jumped up happily when she connected the rest of the dots for the evening's plan. Netflix ran in the background as we huddled in the living room surrounded by a bunch of pillows and blankets as we consumed various items we would regret the next day.

Ash filled us in on her time in Hong Kong. She did plenty of shopping, evident in the souvenirs she gave us and did a bit of sightseeing. Apparently, her parents did not harp on her at all during the trip, but the family she was staying with was a different story. She mentioned how they did not approve of their 'American Lifestyle' and that Ash wasn't married off yet.

"While I was there, my Zumu (grandmother) kept trying to push me onto the 'eligible bachelors' of the neighborhood. Holy fuck it was irritating," she huffed as she picked up her forth slice of pizza.

"So...is it safe to say you've yet to mention the boyfriend you have here?" Quinn asked.

"Your older and very black boyfriend," I chimed in.

"That nearly cracked open your fortune cookie last October," Monique stated with a wriggled brow.

Ash's eyes widened as she dropped her pizza then proceeded to cough loudly. I slid closer to slap her back while Quinn got a bottle of water open. Ash snatched up the water and guzzled down half the bottle. Her tanned cheeks were pink as she rubbed her throat and bit at her lip.

"Uhm," she coughed again, "about that." She lifted her head to look at each of us. "So, uh...you see..."

My mouth fell open while the rest gasped. "No!"

A large shit-eating grin spread across her face before she squealed loudly. "Yes!"

We all exclaimed, our voices just as loud as hers as we fired off different questions. Ash hid behind her hands in embarrassment yet her smile remained. Monique kept making her jokes and Quinn wanted to know every dirty detail. I decided to remain quiet knowing that I'll have plenty of time to be nosey and teasing over this new tidbit of information.

The bustlingly eventually calmed as the night wore on. Despite the copious amount of sugar she consumed, Ash succumbed to jet lag before midnight. Soon after, Monique and Quinn joined her in snoozeville that left me with cleanup duty; luckily, most of the food had been eaten or left in one spot leaving me with easy pickup.

Once finished, I debated on sneaking off to my bedroom versus finding a free spot on the carpet. However, the sound of my phone going off interrupted my decision making. Afraid of waking one of the girls up, I grabbed it off the table and quickly swiped the screen to answer.

"Hello?" I whisper greeted.

"Evening love," a husky voice replied.

My entire body shivered at Johnny's voice and I quickly deduced that I will be staying in my bedroom for a bit. I gently closed the door behind me and settled on my bed with my phone pressed firmly to my ear.

"Hey Johnny, how was work?" I asked softly.

Johnny sighed, "productive, as usual; I'm happier now that I'm home and in bed."

I pulled away to check the time. It was just after two in the morning. "Wow, late night."

"Yeah...but you know what would make it better?"