Chapter 18

A/N: Hello lovely readers! If ou celebrate, hope you had a nice holiday! And to those who don't, I hope you a well! Anyways, this update special for three main reasons: One, it's a bit longer. Two, we get a brief POV from Johnny's character. And Three, well, I'm sure you'll figure that out 😘 enjoy!

-----

"Kiss the girl."

'Johnny's POV'

Ten wins.

Ten straight record breaking wins.

From tonight and the preliminary openings, I had enough money to take care of rent and other bills for the next few months. And then some.

I needed this. I needed these wins to survive. Well, until my twenty first rolls around which was over a month away. And sure, I had other options-

No. I do this on my own. I have been doing this on my own.

I shook my head in effort to clear my mind. Leaning back, I rested my head against the cool red leather booth behind me. Closing my eyes, I attempted to block out all around me. In celebration of yet another win, Marco and a few others dragged me out for the evening. Apparently,  I've been more of a buzz kill as of late and since I couldn't come up with a valid excuse, it was their duties as 'bros' to show me a good time.

I could've told them. I could've just said 'hey, I'm just hung up on a girl I never had and now that you know, just fuck off'. Only that would lead to questions and insults which were two things I was not in the mood for. Also, they would try to give me a more willing female as a distraction. Opening my eyes and looking around, it seemed like that plan was already in motion.

Different females huddled around and lined up at the opening, hoping to have even a taste with the lot of us. A few were dancing around or grinding on the laps of the guys in the area. Some made their passes while I did my best to keep them at bay.

We gathered against a back wall surrounded by lush seating that overlooked the rest of the floor. A mere velvet rope kept the VIP area we were nestled in left us separate from the rest of the club. That and our own private guard that stood a few feet away that would allow the occasional female to walk through. The loud music was a simple thump against the walls and was soothing to an extent.

"Dude! You just turned down another girl! What's up with you bro?" Marco shouted, his voice slurred and footing uneven. He slouched nearby while a girl with honey blonde hair kissed at his neck.

"Not in the mood my dude," I replied, stealing his shot and downing it fast. The liquid, while cool, burned going down. I hissed at the choice: White Gold Tequila.

"Awe that was mine..." he whined.

"Its ok baby, I got something sweeter..." the girl whispered. Marco forgot me and turned back to her.

Someone please shoot me.

"Get a room," I hissed.

"I'm down! My hotel is a block away big boy," she giggled then looked my way, "bring your friend too. I got plenty of hole-"

My body shot up like a rocket, neither wanting nor needing to hear where her mind was going. A few guys praised me and while a few girls attempted to stop me, promising me a wild night and good time. I wanted none of it. Shooting the guard a quick nod, he lifted the rope for me to exit.

The music buzzed a bit louder once I was out of the lounge area. The dance floor was mostly dark with strobes flashing in a rainbow of colors. I leaned against the wall beside the rope, observing. All kind of people took over the club that evening. Drunk and Sober. Alone and Together. Singles and Duos.