chapter five - "The pack" edited

Lionesse's pov

She was not surprised by Jace's disgust towards her.

Hell, she couldn't even look at herself in the mirror.

So she brushed it off, following Tommy.

They were getting closer, she could tell, due to all the talking.

That's when she started feeling anxious.

There would be many males there and it didn't help that she didn't trust anyone.

In-fact, she only trusted her pack.

She took deep breaths.

She needed to show her strength, especially now that she was in the territory her pack, Blood-lust, considers an enemy.

A pack equal in strength with the royals.

So she straightened herself, held her head high and entered the room.

She noticed that most the warrior pack's members were males and only a few women.

Their faces blank, clear from all emotions but two : ultimate respect to Jace and coldness.

Jace stopped in front of the pack and so did she along with Sarah and Kiera.

Jace stepped forward simply sing,

"We hunt like always at 11 pm. You know the groups"

She raised her eyebrow when he didn't even mention her but cared not doubting that she could stand staying in the room any longer.

The room was filled with male scents which made her feel suffocated.

All of a sudden, she felt a big muscly hand on hers, causing her to stiffen and turn around growling, ready to kill the male that dared touch her, which made Tommy frown and raise his hands, as if to assure her that he was not an enemy.

Tommy asked with concern,

"Are you alright Luna?"

She shook her head saying,

"Of course I am. For God's sake Tommy, don't do that. You startled me. Can you show me to my room?"

Damn, she cussed in her head, she really needed a smoke to calm her nerves.

"Of course, follow me" he said with a smile.

So she followed him along with her friends, down a hall, then up many more stairs.

She wasn't wearing her glasses, so she was extra careful.

Her eyes were almost healed, just another month's rest and she'll be seeing perfectly again.

She realized that her room must be close to the top of the castle like pack house.

As she passed the halls she remained really close to the drawings inspecting the paintings which pictured the great war between vampires and wolves.

They were horrible yet wonderful at the same time.

She shook her head smiling.

How easy it was for a painter to paint such drawings.

After all they weren't there to witness the horrors of battle, the smell of blood and death, the pain of the loss of a loved one.

They really did picture the great war pretty well, causing memories to rise.

Finally Tommy stopped at one room and entered.

She smiled at him and said, "Thank you Tommy, you really didn't have to carry the bag for me"

"It's not a problem Luna-" she cut him off saying,

"Lionesse. Call me Lionesse. Not luna. I am not the luna of this pack Tommy"

Tommy's eyes saddened visibly but strained a smile.

"What? Did i say something wrong?" she smiled, narrowing her eyes at him.

Tommy quickly straightened and said,

"No lu- I mean lionesse. May i ask a question my lady?"

"Of course Tommy"

"How old are you? If i may ask? I mean you look really young. The youngest warrior here is at least 80 years old except the children of course" he asked her hesitantly.

"Y-You think i'm THAT young? You're really kind" she commented, earning a weird glance from him.

"I don't really understand what you mean'' Tommy wondered, thinking hard.

''Nothing'' she replied smiling, winking.

"Well, I must go now, I have a hunt to go to"

"Thank you again, TomTom" 

Tommy hastily nodded and left.

When she was alone, she called Reia,

"Hey bitch, how are you?"

''Oh you know, the usual, ordering Kyle around, conspiring with my son Koray to prank his father, taking care of some pack business, as I said, the usual. How about you?"

''Fine''

''Bitch? SHUT UP. You can't fool me, i know you since forever so spit it out''

She rolled her eyes,

 ''I am bored, I just want to go back to my own pack. I mean come on, you know me, I really want to go to my own pack, running free in the woods, hunting, not sitting in a damn castle doing nothing''

''Do you want me to come? I told Kyle about Jace and he said he was planning to make an alliance with the warrior pack for a while no, so i'll come soon alright? Oh and don't think I forgot the last sword fight we had. You still owe me one. Charon stopped the fight when things were getting a little too exciting. I'll totally kick your sorry ass''

''HA dream all you want bitch, i'll totally kick your ass ... again. Like I did all those times before''

''We'll see about that. Just don't cry like a baby when you lose"

With that, she hung up, laughing.

Lionesse opened her bag and lit a cigarette, inhaled and exhaled the smoke, before inspecting her room.

First he covered the mirrors, not wanting to look at her body, then opened her balcony door taking in the view and the feel of the soft cool wing across her skin.

After a while, when she felt calm enough, she went back inside, tidied her clothes and went to the bathroom.

She stripped and entered what must be a bathtub.

In her pack they bathed in the stream, but she has heard from Dimitri that people didn't bathe in streams anymore, instead used bathtubs.

Her pack as well as many others, lacked the comforts the warriors and royals had.

She wondered where the water would come from and noticed a handle with two different colored spots, one red and the other blue.

The red must mean that you shouldn't turn the handle in that direction so obviously she turned it to the blue.

Water sprang strongly hitting her in the face, freezing cold, startling her.

She frowned, but shrugged, getting in.

After about 15 minutes, she got out, dried herself, locked her door, turned into her huge black wolf, for the sake of feeling safe and went to sleep.

-----------------------------

LOVE YA ALL