chapter fifteen-"An unexpected meeting" edited

Dante's pov

Looking at the time, his body stiffened and went on high alert.

It was almost six o'clock and dawn was close.

"Okay come on everyone, we're leaving. It's getting late" Dante said, looking around for any attack that could occur.

NO CAFFEINE for Lionesse, he also thought.

From the corner of his eye he could see Tommy laughing at his exhausted figure.

Damn lad, he wasn't the one running around searching for their luna and keeping an eye out for any trouble.

As they were walking he sensed a powerful presence behind him.

He turned around in time to see a man grabbing Lionesse and turning her around.

He quickly pulled his gun and just as he was about to shoot he realized who the man was.

Alpha Charles of the royal pack.

He quickly lowered his weapon and bowed his head.

-------------------------------

Tommy's pov

"My apology young lady, I thought you were...someone else" a very familiar voice came from behind him.

"It's alright sir, don't worry about it" Lio replied politely.

Tommy turned around to see...

"Father?"

Tommy was shocked to actually see his father.

He hasn't left the territory ever since they escaped Damon's fortress.

Both his parents still caught in the past.

Living and not living all the same.

Losing a daughter sure did break them.

Tommy did too, he mourned her deeply and some nights when he would dream of that fateful night, she would be there, in her cell, dead eyes staring at him with disappointment 'It's your fault' she would whisper.

His father nodded his head towards Tommy as a sign of greeting.

His father looked emotionless, hard, cold, a dead look in his eyes that were once filled with life and joy and his face pulled into a constant scowl.

A shell of the man he was.

The man that would place him, Mark and their sister on his lap and play games with them or tickle them till they were limp on the floor with tears pooling their eyes from laughter or give them piggy back rides.

His father, he noticed kept his eyes locked on Lionesse, never taking them off her, as if she would disappear if he so much as blinked.

"Father? This is your father? Why didn't you tell me TomTom? Hello sir pleased to meet you, my name is Lionesse"

"Lionesse...It's...such a pleasure" he replied, in his eyes a faraway look.

He didn't blame him.

His father gave her a tiny smile and held his hand out for her to shake.

Then his father turned a questioning eye towards Mark.

"This is Kiera father, my mate and that is Sara,Tommy's mate. And well that's uh our luna Lionesse" Mark said standing straight and stiff not really used to being around his father and talking to him anymore.

"Alpha I mean no disrespect but we should really leave. Jace was fuming on the phone and it's getting late. We really don't want to encounter them" Dante said seeming on high alert.

"Yes get out of here, this is a dangerous place at dark" his father surprised everyone by the worried tone he had, while looking around for any danger and moving closer to lionesse.

 "Okay, I hope we meet again sir" Lionesse said with a soft smile, already walking ahead of them.  

"Tommy...take care of her" his father whispered to him so only he could hear, eyes still watching her.

"I will...How is mother? I called many times but...she didn't answer"

"She's...she's tired" his father answered, his eyes holding such sorrow.

"Maybe you should bring her to the pack house...She is Lady Karen's best friend, I'm sure that will make her feel better?"

"I already tried to convince her...she said maybe another time"

" Tell her that we missed her then...me and Mark...that I really want to see her...that I love her. Tell her that we found our mates..." 

"I will Tommy, but I promise nothing, she is very weak...fragile at the moment"

Tommy nodded, hugged his father and joined the others.

As they were driving back home, Tamara turned her eyes to Tommy and Dante and kept looking at them intently with narrowed eyes.

Just as Tommy was about to ask if there was something on his face she turned to Lionesse, who was driving and whispered,

"Lion king? Why are they so fat?"

Lionesse erupted in laughter.

"Fat! Am NOT young lady. Well maybe Dante but surely not me" Tommy defended, while Dante stared at her in shock.

"Yes you are. Look at your arms they are huge" She expressed innocently.

Lionesse still laughing said,

"You're right sweety" 

"She's not!" Tommy proudly showed his biceps.

"Am so" and the playful bickering continued till they reached home. 

When it was almost dinner time Tommy headed to Lio's bedroom.

"Food is ready Lion"

"Thank you TomTom..."

"There's something on your mind?"

"It's not my place to ask but...your father...seemed really sad"

He paused. That was a sensitive subject for him, but to her he could speak, he could open up.

"He...he is Lion. Heartbroken. Even after all these years, the pain of loss hasn't eased...not the slightest bit. He tries to remain strong, for the pack, for us, for...mother, but there is so much pain a man can endure. He is getting old, losing strength and will. Both are and i really can't do anything-...Have no idea HOW to help"

"Who did they lose...if I may ask?" she didn't look at him as she asked, just stared forward at nothing in particular.

He was thankful for that. It made it easier to talk. As if he was speaking to himself, only out loud.

"My sister...She-" he took a deep breath.

"Stop. I understand. Pain doesn't ease, one just learns how to live with it. Talk to him Tommy, to both your parents, they need you and you need them. Lean on each other, that's what family is about anyway. Talk" and with that, she squeezed his hand, pulled him up and made her way downstairs.

-------------------------------

What do you think guys???

Vote, enjoy and COMMENT please