chapter twenty-four-"A father's pain"

Hiiiii my lovely readers, hope you enjoy, vote, SHARE and COMMENT

Dedicated to andreas_awesome

Love you guys, so here's another chap

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha Charle's pov

It's been a week. A whole damn week, since he encountered that young lady. He couldn't help himself but keep thinking of that day and the strange feelings he still has till this very moment.

--------------------------------------------------------

He got up in the morning having this weird feeling that he needed to go to the town today. So he got ready and went down to have some breakfast.

Minutes later, his mate, his wife, his love, Esme, entered the kitchen. She barely whispered a weak 'good morning' before sitting down.

She looked even worse with each passing day. She hard dark bags under her eyes, very pale skin and was extremely thin. It was expected cause she rarely ate and even when she actually did, she would eat very small portions or throw up the food later.

He sighed, this was how it turned out everyday after the death of his baby girl, his most loved child, his little Lionesse.

After their escape and her death along with the beta's daughter, his pack hardened, he couldn't blame them. Their future alpha and beta were dead.

He himself hardened, he became cruel, cold-hearted and never spoke or joked around anymore. How could he, when he was stupid enough to believe a vampire that his daughter was no longer in the fortress. He blamed himself.

He should be the one whose dead and not her, the children were supposed to bury their parents and not the other way around.

His mate, the woman who never seemed to be able to stop laughing or joking around in the past, the loving and caring luna and mother of the pack was now nothing more than an empty shell of what she used to be.

She became harsh, emotionless and it would be a miracle if you heard her speak anymore. Even if you did however it would most likely be a harsh or mourning word.

She just sits in our room and stares out of the window, remembering the few memories she gathered for only five short years of our baby girl's life.

He sat on the chair beside Esme and started his daily routine. Beg her to eat a little. He dipped a small piece of bread in the soup and held it to her mouth. However she didn't even look at it or try to open her mouth to eat, she just stared out in the space.

"Esme, my love, please, i beg of you, just eat this small piece of bread, please, don't do this to me, stop making it harder for me to keep on living, please. I know you're hurting, but so am i and all the pack. You can't do this to yourself. You're almost all bones and skin, look at you. I'm pretty sure that our baby wouldn't be very happy with what you're doing. Please my love, please, just one bite, please" he begged, but she didn't even acknowledge him as she started to sob, loud heart-breaking sobs.

He sighed and just stood there, with his arms wrapped tightly around her in an attempt to calm her, but seeing her like that, he couldn't take it anymore.

He broke down in loud sobs himself, not caring if anyone saw him, the alpha of the strongest pack, crying.

He fell to his knees, along with his love and both of them just continued sobbing.

After a long while, they both seemed to calm down and that's when Esme talked for the first time this month "Oh Charles, I can't take it anymore. Why did it have to be her. Our Lionesse. She was no more than 10 years old. She didn't deserve that. My baby didn't deserve that. She never hurt anyone before. She never did anything to deserve this. She was just my little baby. My little tomboy. My little disaster maker. My little hyper baby that couldn't stay still not even in my stomach." she cried, agony obvious in her tone.