chapter eleven-"Tons and tons of fun" edited

Lionesse's pov

After hurrying out of the kitchen, she smiled to herself.

She felt like she was part of a family again.

She was 10 years old, when she lost them all, leaving her alone in such a harsh world.

What was the point of remembering the past, she chastised herself, no matter how much she mourned or wanted, they would never come back.

She would never get the chance to sit on her father's lap again while he sang to her, or sit beside him while he played her favorite melody on the piano, or have him kiss her injuries to make them feel better, or have her brother carry her on his back whenever she so much as scratched her knee.

That war swallowed everything she had, loved and cared for.

That war cost her everything.

With the thoughts of her family in her mind, she dreamed of the good old days, when all she knew was love and happiness.

----------------------------

She was 5 years old.

Lionesse was running around the pack-house, with her mother chasing after her, a pink dress in her hands.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy" she shouted, ducking under tables and passing pack-members.

Her father was having a meeting as she slammed the door open and raced towards him.

"Lionesse?" her father exclaimed, eyes wide in shock, "What are you doing here? Is there something wrong? Please don't tell me you set the kitchen on fire again!" 

"Of course not! I would never do that. But mommy wants to help me dress" she pouted.

"And where is the problem with that?" he frowned in confusion.

"She wants to dress me in a PINK DRESS, I hate pink and i HATE dresses" she shouted, her hands on her hips.

"A dress? But you do wear dresses!" he said confused.

"Only when we go somewhere boring where I can't play, not in the house"

"LIONESSE COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" her mother demanded, barging in the room as well.

"NO" She countered, stomping her foot.

Her mother rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around her tiny waist trying to pull her out.

She quickly caught her father's leg and started screaming, only stopping when her mom let go.

"It's alright sweetheart, she can stay, she is a very quiet girl when in serious situations" her father said.

"Fine. If you're so sure" she huffed. 

Lionesse wiggled her eyebrows at her triumphantly.

Her daddy shook his head at her and picked her up.

''You enjoy pushing her buttons, don't you? Well...that's my girl. Oh and don't tell your mom i said that, she'll skin me alive''

She giggled and gripped her father's shirt tightly, laying her head on his muscular chest, while he caressed her cheeks and smoothed her hair with his large hands.

Safe, she thought.

"As I was saying, things are getting worse, grave actually, we must be prepared for war"