chapter eighteen-"The witch" edited

Jace's pov

A mystery...that's what she was, a fucking mystery.

What challenge?! And how the hell did she even know the councilor? 

Why was he even thinking about her? He did not care, for God's sake.

 He did not do feelings.

He was currently in the gym releasing his frustration on the punching bag.

With an angry growl and a particularly strong blow, he left the gym. It was no use, no amount of training could ever make him stop thinking of the girl. 

So instead, he headed to his office, maybe work will.

As he was about to close the door behind him, Dante entered looking as wild as ever.

"What was that about? Did Lionesse tell you anything?" 

Jace just shrugged, although deep down he was anxious to know as well.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! That's your mate dammit!" Dante growled at him.

"She is NOT my mate. Whatever it is I am sure is nothing of importance"

"Nothing of importance! Did you not hear that she was challenged? You know what that means" Dante was beyond furious but so was Jace, the more Dante spoke the more his wolf became restless.

"What could anyone possibly challenge her for! She is NOT a warrior, I doubt she even knows how to hold a knife" 

"Alpha-"

"Enough!" Jace growled.

Dante seemed to want to argue but nodded his head with a glare and left his office.

Why is everyone overreacting about this? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lionesse's pov

She sat on the window of the living room, Dante and Tommy talking about guns, a cigarette between her lips, a book in hand which she wasn't reading and completely entranced by the moon.

It was almost a full moon and she was itching for a hunt.

It's been weeks since she last hunted and she could already feel it affecting her mood.

Frustrated, anxious and restless.

She was beyond frustrated with the way Jace was acting. 

Patience has always been her forte but even that was running out. If he wanted a bitch then a bitch he will get with the way he was acting.

She was also homesick, she missed her pack.

"What's on your mind Lion?"

"Nothing and everything" she laughed, "Just a bit restless...and bored"

"Is there anything you want us to do?" 

"No Tom-" she froze...that scent, she knew that scent, she could never forget it even if she wanted to.

The scent of the witch that bound her with the cuffs.

The door opens and in rushes Cassidy, staring at Lionesse in shock.

"Time hasn't been kind to you, witch. What are you doing here?"

"It wasn't kind for anyone i believe... I came as soon as I heard. I can't believe you're alive, i'm so sorry Lionesse, I didn't want to do it, I-"

"I understand"

"What?"

"I understand why you did it. I don't blame you, I too have people I would do anything to keep safe, so yes, I understand. Your daughter's at my pack by the way"

"Cassandra? I thought, I - I thought she was dead" Cassidy whispered.

"She's not...We got out together. Took us a while but we did. I'm sure you want to see her as much as I know she does. I'll take you. Quite a talent she has, by the way, powerful considering her age"

Cassidy smiled softly,

"The book, do you have the book?" she suddenly asked, looking frantic.

"I hid it. It's safe. He ain't getting it, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Cassidy's doing all she can, so are our allies, but we will need all the help we can get. Consider it the apology you wanted to give" 

"Anything, I'll do anything"

"Wait a second, what the hell are you two talking about? What book? What are you two talking about and how do you even know each other?" Tommy asked suddenly, slightly frustrated that he had no idea what was going on.

"You can't say we know each other, we just...met a long time ago" Lionesse answered.

Tommy stared at them for a while longer, obviously curious for more details, which Lionesse was obviously not willing to share, so he dropped the subject.

-----------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed, vote and COMMENT