Chapter 21: Terrified

Author's Note: Some lines are from the song: Terrified by Katharine McPhee ft. Zachary

-

The cold wind in the middle of the big distance between them blew hard. The moon was clearly bright. The moon's reflection was reflected in the ocean. The waves were splashing gently. The skies darkened as time ticked. Stars shined from above.

The two figures stared at each other.

"Yah!" The person spoke as Kai's mouth were parted a little. He tried to stand while still looking at the person. He attempted many times but every time his legs would give up.

The person stood there. His fist were clenched into balls. His chest was cleary inhaling and exhaling hardly. His face was sweaty and oily. His clothes were wet from the sweat.

The figure stood there while Kai was just awestruck from its sight.

"I-I thought y-you left m-me!" Kyungsoo cried as he wipes his tears with his left and right arm but, it was a fail. New tears made its way down Kyungsoo's cute and bubbly cheeks.

From the looks of it, Kyungsoo was looking for the boy the whole time.

Kai really tried to stand up and he wanted to run at Kyungsoo's place and tell him that he didn't meant it that way.

But, he decided against it.

Kai spoke as he sat there facing the moon, "Ask yourself, don't you love me anymore?"

Kyungsoo was shocked as he stopped wiping his tears. His eyes flinched. Kyungsoo knelt down as he laughed like a crazy person with tears still streaming down. "Hahaha..." Kyungsoo laughed as he snuck his hand to his hair and fisted it. "I did it wrong all again, did I? It's always me, right Kai?"

Kai could only just glance at Kyungsoo before he looked at the moon again. Deep inside, he felt really bad, worried, concered all over the boy. He just had the urge to go to Kyungsoo and comfort him. But his mind tells otherwise, he was also hurt himself too.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?--"

Kyungsoo cuts in the same manner, "No. You, don't love me anymore, don't you?"

There was a long silence present. The wind blows in between again. Some dusts were mixed.

When the conversation just ended without them knowing, Kai stood up from his place as he coldly past the now standing Kyungsoo.

Inch by inch, step by step, Kai walked slowly away from the figure, Kyungsoo watched Kai walk away while holding his left arm.

Kai softly wisphered, Kyungsoo still facing his back, "The neclace." With two words with one very explainable thought. "Why did you give it back? That... was the only thing that represented my love for you! Yet you return it back? That easily? That happy? I thought you loved me."

Kyungsoo cried again. But, this time it was different. He cried happy tears. He smiled. His face lit up. "The necklace..." He trailed off. Kai made his eye peek over Kyungsoo. His eyes twitched. From one point, Kyungsoo was sad then now, happy. Kyungsoo continued, "You gave it... and I accepted it. It was mine for a moment." Kyungsoo said.

"That doesn't explain why you gave it back to me that happily." Kai said back, looking at Kyungsoo now.

Kyungsoo looked down at his feet before saying it happily but still a bit of sad, "I-I gave it back because you deserve the love you deserved! Don't people return the love they were given? That's what I did! I returned it to you not because I don't love you, okay?! I was happy because of it! I--" A sudden kiss from Kai. "I-I'm--" And another... "S-sorr--" And another one... "O-o-oka--" And again.

Kai parted from the mouthful of kisses. Kyungsoo widened his eyes because it was Kai's turn to cry. Kai was crying.

"I'm sorry... I misunderstood everything... I'm sorry... I won't leave you... I'm sorry... I love you..." Kai said a mantra then he knelt down before Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo just cupped Kai's face and smiled at him. "It always happens... people misunderstands. I love you."

Suddenly, Kai hugged Kyungsoo.

"I love you ten million times more."

-

In the white-yellowish sand, they laid there in each other's presence, in each other's warmth, looking at the bright moon as it lifts up higher.

Kyungsoo just smiled as everything seemed so imperfectly perfect.

As the stars were shining brightly up high, Kai glanced at Kyungsoo before saying for the millionth time, "I love you and I will never leave you."

Kyungsoo dugs in Kai's chest, embarrassed from the sweet lines. "You set it again, my heart's in motion."

Shooting stars were seen just in time when Kyungsoo looked up to see them.

Kyungsoo added, "Every word feels like a shooting star."

"I'm at the edge of my emotions." Kai added in the last as placed a chaste kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead.

Watching the shadows burned in the dark, and both said in unison, "And I... I'm in love."

"And I...I'm terrified, for the first time and the last... in my only... life." Kai said in a matter-of-fact. He was terrified he could, would, can, lose Kyungsoo as well as Kyungsoo would to Kai. He was terrified and he felt in Kyungsoo the same. Just from the wicked past, he knows it was terrifying to make, to remember what happened then.

Kyungsoo smiled and drifted to his own dreamnland in Kai's embrace.

They were there under the moon, laying there in the sand, waves still splashing like a beautiful melody of music, stars twinkling from above.

"Whatever I do, Kyung, I still find myself still Coming Back To You, even if I walk away."

-

Author's Note: Okwaaay! drama solveddddd! but not oveeeer(forbtha hunhan couple) hahahaha... just a misunderstanding:) and...they weren't singing k? okokok Let's focus more with Hunhan 'kay? since it's #HappyHunhanWeek !!

^^ VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW ME(kk, if you want to get updated wid my new stories!) keep it comming:) lurveee u:'>

*sings but fails so miserably*
♩you set it again my♬ heart's in♪motion...every word feels like♩a shooting star♭andd iiiii'm in love♬♪and iiiii'm terrified ♩for the first and for the ♭last....