Chapter 9

"no way! you and Shawn are dating!" Amber said. "yep!" i said not really believing in myself. "so how did he ask you?" Julia asked. "well he said that he really liked me and the he just asked if i wanted to be his girlfriend" i said smiling. Ever since Shawn asked me out i haven't been able to stop smiling, he really made me happy. "just remember Amelia that most school relationships don't last long so don't get your hopes up" Sophie said spoiling the mood. "you told me to not get my hopes up about him liking me and now look where we are" i snapped back. Sophie rolled her eyes and walked away. i walked into science class and Shawn was sitting there writing in his book. "hey" Shawn said as i sat down. "hi" i said as e hugged. "can i ask you something?" Shawn asked. i nodded. "can we keep this relationship quiet for a bit like just between us? Shawn asked. Crap, i've already told my friends, i'm sure thats alright i'll just tell them not to tell anyone. "sure" i replied back with an awkward smilie. As soon as the lesson ended i quickly went to find my friends to tell them to not tell anyone. "of course i won't" Julia said. "yep your relationship is safe with me" Amber said. "why would he not want to tell anyone? maybe he's ashamed?" Sophie said. "oh shut up Soph" Marissa snapped. Every time me and Shawn passed in the halls we would smile at each other but i realised that sometimes he would totally blank me when he was with his friends,  which made me think about Sophie's comment, maybe he was ashamed to be dating me? Maybe this was some big joke to him and his friends. Should i ask him? but i didn't want to loose him.