Chapter 47

The day had arrived and me and Shawn were going to meet the couple who were going to look after our baby. My mum drove us and we drove for ages and ages, they lived in the rich part of Toronto. I leaned my head on Shawn's shoulder and shut my eyes. I must of fallen asleep because I felt Shawn nudging me. "Amelia" he kept repeating. I opened my eyes and saw Shawn. "We're here" He said. We both got out of the car and looked around. This was definitely the rich part, each house was huge and very well kept. Me, Shawn and my mum all walked to the door and rang the doorbell. Not long after a woman, who must me Mrs Laurence opened the door. She was dressed very smartly with a pearl necklace round her neck and her hair nicely brushed. Mr Laurence then came to the door and he too was wearing smart clothes, not a suit or anything, he had a smart shirt on with jeans. "Hello you must be Mrs Jones" mrs Laurence said shaking my mums hand. "Yes and you must be Mr and Mrs Laurence" my mum said back. They both nodded. "Well come in" they said and me and Shawn both walked in. Their house was very clean and very big, they must be very wealthy. We all walked in and sat on the big couch. Everyone else followed behind. "So you must be Amelia and Shawn" Mrs Laurence said. Me and Shawn nodded. "Very good looking kids" Mrs Laurence added. Me and Shawn smiled. "Three months" I said. "Beautiful, and how are your finding being pregnant?" She asked. "It's okay, I don't get morning sickness or anything, its been pretty easy so far" I said. "Brilliant" she said. The rest of the day was okay, they were just asking questions and we all agreed on a closed adoption because me and Shawn didn't want to see our baby as he/she grew up. I got home and I sat in my room thinking about everything, I can't believe this is all happening.