Chapter XXX

Chapter XXX

Lycus

I tried to smile, but stopped when my split lip stung painfully. I knew I should probably get back to my place, but felt too tired to do anything, so I just stayed there.

I had dozed off, when I heard muffled sobbing. I just ignored it, not really wanting to get embroiled in her problems. Then I heard her speak.

"How could people be so cruel?" She sobbed.

I sighed as well as I could with my aching ribs. She was young and had probably grown up sheltered from the troubles of life. How did one explain why people acted how they acted? It all seemed so futile.

"I thought the Master seemed nice. He had such kind eyes." She spoke again, "How could he order such a punishment on us?"

I sucked in a breath. She didn't understand.
"We're just slaves, that's all," was the only answer I could think of.

She turned a tear-filled face to me. "We didn't even do anything terrible. Why were we punished that way?"

"We're just slaves, Ariadne, we have little to no value," I said jadedly, "Our masters can do whatever they so desire to us. And if what they want to do is punish us unjustly, then they have every right to do so."

She sniffled again. "It still doesn't seem fair."

"It's not," I answered right away. "It's not fair at all. But it's life, and life isn't fair."

"I wish it was," She grumbled.

"Yeah, well if all we did was sit there and wish for stuff, we probably wouldn't have a very exciting world."

She looked across the room at me, "Sometimes I could do without some kinds of excitement."

I gave a short laugh, since that was all I could manage, "Me too."

Awww they're so sweet 😍😍😍

*clears throat* Ahh, well anyways, comment if you liked the chapter! And as always don't forget to vote!

Lycus - GadSul