Chapter LXXI

Chapter LXXI

Lycus

I was momentarily distracted from my intense pain as the new happening sunk in. Ariadne's mother was dead? Well, shucks. That was too bad. Maybe I should have felt more sympathy, or empathy maybe, but emotions were not high on my priorities right then. Besides, there were a lot more people who had suffered worse and lost more than she had. Namely: me.

Well, I suppose that was not quite fair, as I didn't have much to begin with, but if I've lost about the same ratio of family, comforts, other miscellaneous things, I guess it all cancels out and we've all lost the same amount of stuff.
Back to the topic at hand, escaping from the dungeons.

Everything was a blur. The pain was all back and fresh. The guard half led, half dragged us through some corridors and passages. It was still dark and my vision blurry, so I didn't get much of what was going on.

After what seemed like forever, we stopped. I had no idea where we were. I had no idea what the guard intended to actually do with us. I just had no idea. Not that I especially wanted one; my mind was too tired to function too well.

There were some voices exchanging words. Two deeper ones, I could make it out that the soldier who'd supposedly helped us escape was one of them, and there was another unfamiliar one. At one point I also heard Ariadne's high pitched voice.

I knew I should probably listen and figure out what exactly what was happening, but I was too weary and in pain.

I must have blacked out for a minute or two, for the next thing I knew, I was lying on some rough and hard surface. A floor? From what I could tell, it was wooden planks, but that could mean anything. I was shifted, which caused another burst of pain, and then shifted back until I was lying on a cloth on a hard surface. Well, at least it wasn't so rough.

I knew nothing more, for the last two shifts were enough for me to lose consciousness.

Again.

Oh boy!!! Are they going to escape?? Or is this just some ploy??

Lycus - GadSul