Chapter XXXV

Chapter XXXV

Ariadne

The man I was supposed to call master turned to look at me after studying the jewelry in the other girl's hand. He frowned. "I don't know what to think. But I can't say that I'm surprised. First you tried to run away, which I could have punished you for, and then you are disruptive and disrespectful. And now you steal from me."

I didn't know what to say. I hadn't done anything wrong and I had no clue as to how that necklace got into my chambers. I was stunned. I didn't know what the punishment was for stealing, but I knew that Rome had strict laws on it just as Greece did. That thought in itself forced me to say something, anything, to defend myself.

"I didn't take them. I've never seen those before in my life," I said firmly.

"Then why were they in your chambers? And why does Bithia claim she saw you taking them?" Master raised an eyebrow as he stared at me.

"I--I don't know. I swear it. Please believe me," I begged. I hated that I had to stoop so low to this horrible man, but I didn't see any other choice.

"I'm afraid I don't have any other choice. Bithia, have someone send for the authorities. Calcaneus," Master turned to a guard stationed at the side. "Take Ariadne to the holding room and make sure she is secured."

My eyes darted to the large man called Calcaneus. I shivered and tried to control my breathing even though I was scared to death.
Calcaneus stepped forward and half bowed. "Yes, my lord." He approached me with a look that clearly said I had better behave. By what was he expecting me to do against such strength as he possessed? I wouldn't be able to do anything.

The guard took a hold of my arm and started to lead me from the room. "Wait," I said. I looked back at Master lounging on his couch. "Please, I promise I didn't steal anything! Please," I cried. I then realized that I was beginning to cry. I tried to be strong, to be a proper princess, but it was so hard. 

As Calcaneus forcibly pulled me from the room, I barely heard Master's words.

"Take her away."

Hello everyone! We apologize for the long wait! Wattpad has been giving us some issues and not letting us save our progress on here. It looks like it's finally fixed, so hopefully updates will return to being more regular. Thank you for your patience!

Ariadne - Ithildae

Also, this story is almost at 10,000 reads O.O thank you thank you thank you!!!