Imagine // Love-Hate AU.

-Warnings: smut, nsfw-

Jasper and Maya were the cutest thing ever.

Like, literally. Their photos would be sent to a baby seal by a baby doggy, squeaking over their cuteness. Both of them were sweet to the bone, getting all flushed and giggly and awkward around each other. Personally, I wasn't very fond of relationships, not a 'shipper' as some would say but even I thought that Maya's honeyed caring completed Jasper's funny goofiness heavenly.

The only problem was – neither of them dared to make the first step, and they were driving us mad. I've known Jasper since Elementary, he was my best friend, and now as we were at university, we were renting an apartment together, which meant I was bombarded with his rambling about how pretty and smart and cute and fantastic Maya was, and how utterly frightened Jasper felt about asking her out on a date.

"If you're so afraid, then cover it up with something," I sighed one night, getting more and more annoyed. I loved Jasper, I really did, but I was trying to do something on my laptop and he just wouldn't stop talking.

"What do you mean?" he looked up from biting his nails anxiously, his thumb still in his mouth.

"Dunno. If you're afraid of her saying no..."

"No, I'm afraid she'll say yes!"

"...Huh?"

"I mean... What if I'll go out with her to a restaurant or something, and I'll get nervous and do something really awkward and mess it all up?"

"Then ask someone to go with you as well. You know, if there are more people, it'll seem like a friendly gathering, and maybe you won't screw up, either."

So this is how I ended up in front of the cinema, out there, shivering in the cold, and giving my death-glare to Jonathan Murphy. The bastard smirked at me and took his cigarette into his mouth.

It's always been like this for Murphy and me. I have no idea when it started, but we just couldn't stand being around each other without barking at the other like attack-dogs. Certainly, it wasn't my fault, though – the guy was basically made to annoy the shit out of me, with that stupid smirk of his, and his stupid sassy comments and his stupid asshole-ness, not to mention the stupid challenging way his eyes glared at me...

I wasn't going to admit that I thought he looked hot. He wasn't the type you'd generally consider as sexy, but he had this unique handsomeness in him, which annoyed me even more. Octavia usually suggested we should get together, saying that the chemistry between us could burn a house to the ground, but even she didn't dare to leave us in a room alone. While technically, standing together on the street couldn't be considered leaving us alone, it was too close to that for my taste.

"So we're finally here," he spoke, blowing a puff of grey smoke into the air. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "I always knew you'd surrender to my charm, sooner or later."