Imagine // Second in Command.

"I want you to be my second."

It surprised John, but it was an obvious choice for you.

You may be the last of your tribe, you may be the only one left and have no family other than the friends you've made that were in other clans, but you wanted to start over. You thought it was your duty to bring peace to your clan and start-over. You would rebuild your tribe, with the same customs and traditions, but with different people.

You'd known John ever since he and his people landed on earth and you knew that he was casted out. Whether he wanted to or not his people did not care for him the way they cared for each other. He was an outcast, different, but you knew, because of how long you've known him, that he wanted a home, just like you did. And if you were going to rebuild your own, and he didn't have one, you felt it was only right he joined you.

"What?" John asked, confusion evident in his gaze.

You smiled brilliantly, shaking your head. Standing up from your seat, you walked over to John only to lean down and grab ahold of his hand. He wasn't amazing at human contact and rather refrained from it, but he knew you meant no harm so John allowed you take his hand in yours. "I want you to be my second, second in command. I want you to help me rebuild my family so that you may have your own."

Again your words shocked John but did not leave him surprised, rather he felt his heart oddly swell at the endearment behind your words. No one had ever cared for him quite like you had, or at least, not in a long time.

You laughed at his bewildered expression: "I want you to be my family. And you to think of me as yours."

John felt himself astonished, the other thing running through his mind was that he was incredibly lucky to have met a woman like you. Smiling faintly, he nodded; "I accept."

Author: justauthoring