Imagine // You'll Be Screaming.

You took a bad fall and were seriously injured. I'm the EMT, tending to your wounds in the ambulance, but you keep flirting with me.

     "How's Finn?" Kora asks her partner.

     "He's good! We're honestly doing amazing. I think he's going to ask me to marry him soon." Raven says, with a big smile on her face.

     Kora gasps, looking up at her friend. "That's amazing, Raven!!!"

     The happy chat is interrupted by the dispatcher on their radio.

"Ambo 51, fall victim on 5th street."

Raven and Kora sit up, looking at each other before Raven picks up the radio. "Copy that, we're on our way."

Raven drives to 5th street and they both get out. Kora immediately assesses the scene as Raven grabs our equipment.

As they walk into the apartment building, a curly haired man runs to them. "My friend! He fell down two flights of stairs! You gotta help him!"

"Okay, calm down. What's your name?" Kora asks.

"Bellamy Blake." He says, nodding to her.

"Kora. This is Raven. Come on. Lead us to him." She says.

Bellamy leads them into a hall, where another young man is lying at the foot of a long flight of stairs. His leg is twisted at an odd angle and he is bleeding profusely from his head.

Kora immediately kneels down on one side of him and Raven on the other. "Sir, can you hear me? My name is Kora, I'm here to help you. This is Raven."

The shaggy haired man looks up at Kora, dazed. He then breaks out into a grin. "Damn, if I knew I'd have an EMT as hot as you, I'd have fallen down these stairs years ago."

Raven snickers and Kora shoots her a look.

"Alright, sir. We're going to get you taken care of. Can you tell me your name?"

"John. John Murphy. Remember it. You'll be screaming it later."

That earns a chuckle from her as she shakes her head. "Uh huh. How old are you? Can you tell me if you have any medical conditions?"

"I'm twenty-six. And well, I'm having heart palpitations, but that's from meeting my future wife."

Kora sighs, exasperatedly, looking up at Bellamy.

Bellamy laughs. "No medical conditions."

Kora and Raven then treat his wounds and get him onto the stretcher. She sits in the back, monitoring his vitals as Raven reports the patient details and ETA to the nearby hospital.

John looks up at his beautiful caretaker. "You look cute when you're concerned."

Kora rolls her eyes. "John. I don't give a damn if I look cute when I'm concerned. You're lucky to be alive, you dipshit." She says, no longer caring about being professional.

John grins. "Ooh, feisty. Just what I look for in a girl."

She can't help but smile at the man in front of her. They arrive at the hospital and drop John off to be cared for by the doctors.

- - - - -

The next day, Kora is about to head to work but decides to visit John Murphy first. She finds out what room he's in from the nurse and knocks lightly on the door before walking in. Bellamy and another man are sitting in the room with John, who is looking much better.

Bellamy stands up, upon seeing her. "Kora, hey! Murphy's been asking about you." He laughs.

Kora laughs softly. "I've been thinking about him. Hard to forget a patient like him." She smiles.

Bellamy nods, smiling. "Oh! This is our friend, Nate. Nate, this is the infamous Kora."

Nate nods, laughing. "Thanks for taking care of this idiot, Kora."

She nods, smiling. "That's my job!"

Bellamy looks at them before saying, "We'll give you two some time. He should be waking up shortly." He says, patting her back as the two of them leave.

Kora then pulls up a chair next to John's bed. She lightly shakes his arm and he begins to stir.

When he sees her, he breaks out into a grin. "There's my girl."

She smiles. "How ya feeling?"

"Much better now that you're here." He says, smirking. "Really though, much better. Thank you, Kora."

She nods, squeezing his hand.

"You should let me take you out when I get out of here." He smiles.

She laughs. "We'll see. I've gotta get to work. I have more lives to save." She grins, leaning down to kiss his cheek.

At the last second, he turns, pressing his lips to hers. She freezes up, caught off guard from the feeling of his warm lips against hers. Tingles slither down her body as she kisses back slowly. She then leans up. "John Murphy!"

"Told you that you'd be screaming it later."