Imagine // Murphy's Law.

Hey guys!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!!

~~~~~

Christmas is a day that must be spent with the people you love. Family. Friends. No one should be alone. And these were the words that Bellamy kept repeating to Murphy while trying to convince him to go to the Christmas party he was going to throw, well, that his sister was going to throw, and Bellamy, who considered Murphy one of the his closest friends, was convinced to make the boy go to the party.

After what seemed like the thousandth time that the Blake boy said that the party would be fun and that it would be worth it if Murphy went there, he finally accepted the invitation, although he wasn't very excited for it. Then, at the appointed time for the party, Bellamy dragged Murphy to his house.

John knew everyone there, though no one seemed interested in going to greet him. He saw Clarke, who was talking to Raven about something. Neither of them were very friendly to him. The Griffin girl's eyes lightened slightly as she noticed that Bellamy was there. Jasper and Monty weren't too far from the girls. The two boys were talking excitedly about something, they were excited enough not to notice Murphy coming into the room.

Miller was near them, listening to the conversation and laughing at whatever they were talking about, he nodded to Murphy as he entered the place. They weren't close, but Nathan was a nice person to everyone. Some other people were chatting around the room while Octavia was busy trying to talk to all of them, moving from group to group.

And then Murphy's eyes stopped in (Y/N). She was talking to Harper excitedly, but she waved at him when she saw him come in, giving the boy a warm smile. (Y/N) was the closest thing he had to a friend after Bellamy. They got along, and their conversations were always exciting and fun, but they just saw each other in events like that, which Bellamy had to drag Murphy to come, so he considered her a semi-friend.

Bellamy smirked as he noticed Murphy looking at her, which made John roll his eyes. Once he had told the Blake boy that he thought (Y/N) was nice... And hot, and after that Bellamy was always pointing out the crush Murphy was developing for her, what Murphy thought that was foolish, he didn't have a crush on her. No way.

"At least you have food." Murphy said as he approached a table with Bellamy, who had his eyes fixed on something else at the party. Or someone else.

"What kind of party would it be if there was no food?" Murphy nodded, taking one of the cookies on the table and eating it. Delicious. "I think it was your girlfriend who made them." a smirk formed on Bellamy's lips as Murphy rolled his eyes.

"Well, it's your girlfriend who's coming this way." John nodded at Clarke, who was walking up to them, well, to Bellamy. The Blake boy nudged him discreetly, making him laugh.

But the girl just walked halfway, calling Bellamy to come and talk to her. Of course. Bellamy gave Murphy a brief apologetic look before heading towards Clarke. John looked around, picking up another cookie and heading toward the couch, sitting down. A movie was going on TV, a guy trying to save his family's Christmas, it sounded pretty boring, yet watching it seemed to be the only thing left for Murphy to do at that party.

While he paid attention to that guy's effort, shouts of happiness and laughter began to draw Murphy's attention, causing him to look where most people were. They were handing presents to each other. Murphy felt a slight panic seeing all those gifts, he hadn't bought anything for anyone, but then he began to realize that no one even seem to notice his presence there, left alone having bought him a present. He didn't know why, but it bothered him. He usually didn't care when Bellamy's group of friends didn't care for him, but seeing everyone fraternizing and exchanging gifts left him with a little envy of their friendship.

He was so distracted thinking that he didn't notice (Y/N) looking at him and the grin that came to her lips before she started walking toward him with a package in her hands.

"Merry Christmas for who?" the girl's voice made him jump slightly before looking at her. "Exactly, for you."

The girl handed the package to Murphy, who looked at her confused for a moment until he realized that the present was meant for him. The boy took the package in his hand, looking at it suspiciously, but still opening it, facing a shirt. Murphy's law: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. An involuntary smile appeared on Murphy's face.

"I know it's not much, but..." (Y/N) spoke again, drawing his attention. "It reminded me of you and I was, like, 'why not?'" (Y/N) shrugged, staring at the boy, expecting some kind of reaction from him.

Giving that present to Murphy didn't seem like much to (Y/N), but kind of meant something to him. Someone, besides Bellamy, had cared for him. Cared enough to buy him a presente. Murphy, strangely, couldn't get the smile off his face and it was the only way he could react. He wasn't one of the best people with kind words and he didn't want to ruin the moment by saying something wrong to (Y/N), so he kept the basics.

"Thanks." he said, looking back at his shirt.

"You're welcome." she said, giving him a cheerful smile. "You seem to be having a good time."

"Oh yeah." he said pointing to the TV. "This movie is the best thing here."

"You're saying that now, but wait until the Karaoke session begins." (Y/N) sat down on the couch beside the boy. "I'm serious, there are many talents hidden here."

"Are we talking about you?"

"We're talking about Miller." she nodded at the boy who was talking to Harper, laughing, probably telling a joke. "Have you seen that guy singing?"

"I can't wait to see that." Murphy chuckled, being followed by the girl.

The karaoke session started a few minutes later and it turned out that Miller was a good singer indeed. Everyone was invited to sing, even Murphy, who was dragged by (Y/N) to sing along with her some Elvis Presley song. Wherever she went, the girl insisted on taking Murphy along so he wouldn't be alone, but most of the time they were on the couch talking. Just before the party was over, he put on the shirt he had earned from her over the one he was wearing.

"I think the shirt got big on you." she said with a sad smile as she looked at the boy.

"Nah, it's good." he said, noticing that the sad smile remained on the girl's face. "I... Liked it very much."

"I thought you'd like it." a big smile appeared on her lips as she gently looked at him. "After Bellamy told me you were coming, I couldn't stop thinking about what to give you."

"You didn't have to give me anything."

"Well, it's my way of showing you that I appreciate you and your company."

Something warmed in Murphy's heart as he saw those gentle eyes looking at him. But it wasn't (Y/N)'s eyes that caught his attention at that moment, but her smile, the lips that formed it. She must have noticed he was staring at her as a rosy tinge came over her cheeks as she stared at the boy's lips as well, but her eyes turned to his, trying to figure out if he meant to do something.

A smirk appeared on Murphy's lips before he leaned toward (Y/N), who did the same, until their lips were pressed against each other. The kiss was gentle and, somewhat, innocent. Just touching the lips of that girl who cared about him was enough to make John's heart race.

"I told you it would be worth it." Bellamy's voice made them pull away.

Bellamy looked at them with a grin on his lips, nodding at Murphy before turning to Clarke again. John looked back at (Y/N), noticing the embarrassed smile she was sending to Harper, who was also looking at them, giving her friend thumbs up. (Y/N) looked back at Murphy, the same gentle look in her eyes that made the boy's heart warm. Maybe he had a crush on her after all.

Author: wukindly