Imagine // What Took You So Long?

In honor of finals week, here's a college AU prompt!

~~~~~

I'm your roommate who you find super cute. It's the middle of the night and I'm cramming for exams, wearing flannel pajamas. My hair is disheveled and it's becoming increasingly hard for you not to kiss me.

     Kora sighed, sitting at the desk in the living room of she and John's apartment. There were papers scattered everywhere on the desk, littered with papers with notes from her Biology class. Her final was bright and early tomorrow morning and she didn't feel anywhere near ready for it.

     John came home and the first thing he saw was his adorably small roommate clad in flannel pajamas. Her hair was tied in a messy bun at the top of her head. He couldn't help but smile at the sight. God, she was so fucking cute, he thought to himself. He and Kora had been best friends for years, but deep down, he knew he always wanted more. He loved her and wanted to be with her, but he didn't know if she felt the same. So, he settled with just being her best friend.

     Kora looked up as her best friend walked in. "Please shoot me." She says, exasperatedly. "I'm never gonna pass this final, John."

     John walks over, rolling his eyes at her. "Korinne Elise, you are the smartest person I know. You're gonna do great on your final."

She sighs. "You have to say that. You're my best friend."

He shakes his head. "Because I'm your best friend, I can say whatever the hell I wanna say and not worry about upsetting you. I'm being honest, Kora."

She smiles up at him and nods. "Thanks, John." She slips her glasses on and picks up her pencil, starting to work again.

John sits on their couch, watching her. Why did she have to be so damned adorable? He couldn't handle it. He wanted her so badly. Just to hug her and hold her and kiss her. He watched her for a few minutes more before getting up and strolling over to her. He grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet.

"John, what are you-?"

He cuts her off by slamming his lips onto hers. Her arms immediately wrap around his shoulders and his slide around her slender waist. Their kiss is passionate, that of two friends with so much built up tension over the years finally spilling out.

After what felt like hours, they pull away, foreheads leaning against the other's.

"What the hell took you so long?" Kora grins.