Imagine // Lighthouse Bunker.

"I should have just left you", you panted, Murphy leaning heavily on your left shoulder, as you tried to walk up the small hill.

It was a miracle that you two were still alive at this point, but now you wanted to keep it that way.

Under normal circumstances you would not have given a shit about John Murphy, but Jaha had left you, Murphy was hurt, and you could not leave him down there at the beach where he would be an easy target. So it meant up into the woods.

As an answer you earned a small groan by Murphy, nothing more, and you just decided to ignore it. If he was too tired to respond something sassy, he wouldn't be able to stand much longer. And carrying him appeared definitely not in your plan.

"Just a bit more", you said, rather to yourself than to him, as you hit your foot on something, almost sending you and Murphy to the ground.

Quickly you stopped and shoved away the leaves and the dirt with your foot. You had nearly tripped over a solar panel. You looked at Murphy, but he barely seemed to realise anything around you, so you doubted that he would be interested in an old solar panel.

But you certainly were.

This could mean that somewhere around here could be civilisation. People. The City of light.

You just had to find them.

Walking further up the hill, tiring more with every single step you took, you suddenly spotted something tall and weirdly shaped not too far away from you. Automatically you started to walk a bit faster, pulling Murphy with you, until you arrived directly in front of it. And indeed. It looked like a door. Or at least something similar.

With your free hand you knocked loudly, but even after a second knock and some time had passed, nothing moved. Sighing you inspected the door more thoroughly. There was a small slit, perhaps allowing you to pull the door open by yourself. But for that you would need both of your hands.

Limping over to the wall, you made sure that Murphy was leaning more or less securely against it.

He looked incredibly pale. It was a miracle that he could still stand, which probably meant that this wasn't on long continuance.

Quickly you moved over to the door, hooking your fingertips in the small slit and starting to pull. But nothing moved.

Instead your fingertips slipped off, and you stumbled a few steps backwards. However, you couldn't stop now. Taking a deep breath you repeated the whole procedure, and this time you heard air escape, when the door actually started to move.

Hesitating for a moment you listened.

Was that music?

You considered for one second whether you should actually risk entering this building, as your gaze fell back upon Murphy, who had visible difficulties not to break down then and there. Furthermore you hadn't that much energy left yourself. You were pretty sure you were just going on for Murphy, and for the fact that you didn't want to die alone.

Grunting you picked him up again, and accompanied by this weird music you led him through a small dark staircase into... a living room?

Indeed.

It seemed like some sort of living area.

"Hello", you shouted, surprised at how thin your voice sounded, but you received no answer. Of course not. Why would someone answer you now, if he hadn't ten minutes ago.

Sighing once more you looked around, until you saw what you needed. "You owe me big", you mumbled as you heaved Murphy through the room, and placed him onto the couch in the back. He looked at you for another second, before his gaze turned towards the ceiling and his eyes closed, his steady breathing revealing that he was fast asleep.