Imagine // You'll Find Me.

"Hurry up Y/N!" Octavia whispered. You huffed, quickening your pace but remaining quiet. You and Octavia were wandering around, now on your own after being separated from Lincoln. Both your bodies were littered with cuts and bruises, dirt and blood. A twig snapped nearby and you crouched, motioning Octavia over. In a clearing of trees was a family of rabbits, sniffing around in the tall grass. Your best friend smiled, gesturing that the two of you should keep going. You nod.

"You know, you never told me how you knew Murphy." She pipes up, trudging through the fallen leaves.

"John? I met him back on the Ark, our families were close. When his dad got floated, my grandma and I would show our support as much as we could. But, when his mom passed... I guess he snapped." You paused glancing at Octavia, "I got locked up only a day after him."

"What'd you do? To get arrested, I mean."

You sighed, rolling your shoulders back. "A guard witnessed him burn that room down. He was about to speak up but I killed him, trying to by John time to get out before getting caught. There ended up being more than one guard and I ran, I couldn't do more to help. They caught me the next day, threw me in a cell." You paused, biting your lip. "He was my best friend."

Octavia gave you a sympathetic look as you continued to walk, "Did you like him?" You stop dead in your tracks, caught off guard by the sudden question. Heat rose to your cheeks, you attempted to play it off.

"Pfft, yeah, he was my best friend. Course I liked him." You reply, your voice a bit wavy.

"No, Y/N. I mean romantically." She laughs, playfully bumping your shoulder causing you to roll your eyes.

"Yeah, I do." You smile, "Do you think he's still alive out there?"

"Murphy's a fighter, Y/N. I'm sure he's out there trying to find his way back to you."

"More like the other way around. I'm out here, trying to find my way back to him." You chuckle.

The two of you eventually made it to a clearing, voices echoed out from behind a few shrubs. Octavia held an arm out in front of you, warning you not to move. You crouch down, unsheathing your blade from your back. The voices turned into grunts of pain, which made your companion peek around the bush. You mirror her action, poking your head out below hers. There was a group of delinquents at the edge of the cliff, tugging on a rope of seatbelts. Arrows begin to fly past our head, landing near the group.

"Get down!" You grasp Octavia's arm and pull her behind a nearby rock. The arrows continued to fly. One girl began to shoot blindly at the trees, but she let out a painful yell as she was struck with one of the arrows. Suddenly Octavia lifted her foghorn and blew into it, you cover you ears as the sound rang out loud and clear. Whoever was in the tress could be heard retreating, under the assumption that acid fog was coming.

"Jeez, warn me next time." You mutter, shaking your head as Octavia held out her hand and hoisted you up. You both watched the three people struggle to pull the rope up. "Oh my god... Is that John?" You gasp, nudging Octavia. The three finally laid back as two people came into view, hauling themselves up from the cliff. This time it was Octavia's turn to gasp. She moved out of our cover.

"Bellamy!"

Her brother's head shot up as he panted. She walked over with your trailing behind. Murphy's head turns to follow the older Blake's line of sight, revealing not only Bellamy's sister, but his own best friend too.

"Y/N?" Murphy's eyes widened as he pushed himself off the ground. His face was caked in blood and dirt, but nevertheless you ran and launched yourself into him. You were shaking with relief and happiness as you pulled away slightly, studying his features. Before he got the chance to talk, you pulled him into a passionate kiss, gripping his jacket firmly.

"I can't believe it's you!" You exclaim as you detach your lips from his. Your beamed, tears in your eyes. The boy pulled you in again, smashing his lips against yours. It took a second for you to kiss back, his action having caught you by surprise.

"You found me." He breathed, wiping away a tear that had fallen from your eye. At last, you were by his side once more, and it felt amazing.

******

Author: xcanadian-writerx

Thanks for reading!!

Lizz.