Imagine // Food Shortage.

Everything had gone haywire, nothing was right anymore. Stampede's of people ran for cover, ran for food, ran for a life. For their life. You stared around you at the mass chaos that had been caused by only a few words. The world was ending and there wasn't enough food to last anyone anymore. Didn't apparently matter if the world was ending, people still wanted to live, and without enough food to be rationed evenly or even a little bit, everything had gone wrong.

It was every man for themselves, and you were in the midst of it. Though, despite the circumstances you found yourself thrown in you absolutely refused to be as savage as everyone else. You would not sacrifice your morals just for a crumb of food. If that meant you'd die, you'd die. You'd come to terms with the fact a long time ago and you weren't about to change everything for one measly piece of food.

You were hungry and clearly ill as you sat beneath a roof and watched the panic unfold before you. You'd been alone, as always, before a shadow filtered over your few and then moved. You heard shuffling beside you and suddenly there was a packet of food before. Confused, you grabbed the packet and turned to the stranger with bewilderment. Though your expression soon turned less guarded and more open; "John?" You questioned.

You'd be sent down with the hundred just like John and though you only spoke to him a few times, there was always something more between the two of you. You were the only one allowed to call him by John willingly on his end and he always seemed to be kind and there for you.

Though you'd thought that had changed when the food shortage begin, as you had once saw him punch a guy in the face for food. You didn't blame him you just figured that he was taking this one solo, like most other things and hadn't bothered him.

But now as you stared at his indifferent expression and you nodded towards the food and he only spoke one word; "eat," you were beginning to think you were wrong.

"Why?" Was all you managed.

"Because you haven't eaten in days and food's running out, i'd take your chance." He smirked, stating it as if it was obvious. You shook your head, holding the packet of food up. "No, I mean why?" You repeated, focusing on his eyes and asking for the real answer.

"You haven't even tried to get food, Y/N. I... care for you- so if you're unwilling to be ruthless, i'll be ruthless for you."