Imagine // Banishment.

"I'm going with you!"

"No." Murphy said, holding you back by your shoulders. You fought his grip, desperate for him to just let you come with him and trying your best not to cry. What you didn't know was this was killing Murphy just as much as it was crushing you, but he'd never admit that; for your sake. "Jesus, Y/N! No, you're not coming with me."

You paused, seizing your struggles for a moment as you crossed your arms. You tried glaring at the boy before you but it seemed less threatening with watery eyes. "Try to stop me."

Murphy sighed, hefting the small backpack higher on his shoulders and looked past your shoulders to gaze at the gate. He needed to leave now, before Bellamy questioned why he was still here and things grew worse. But you were being difficult and weren't listening to him. "Listen Y/N, it's dangerous out there and I can't put you in that kind of dangerous."

"You're not putting me in anything!" You argued, crinkling your face with distress. "I can't let you go out there- out there alone!"

Murphy took a step towards you and this time set his hand on your shoulder gently. You were like a sister to Murphy, the only person he truly cared about in this God forsake camp and it was killing him that he had to leave you alone with all those people. They said he was the monster but he wasn't the one who strung someone up for nothing; not to mention he's heard the words said about you for just being friends with Murphy. He knew it wouldn't end with him leaving and things would be rough for you, but he wouldn't condemn you to his punishment.

It was his punishment, even if Murphy believed he didn't deserve it; and he definitely wasn't going to let you suffer because of him.

"I know you want to come Y/N." Murphy said, this time softer and your shoulders slump. You knew you'd never win this fight, but you had to try. "But try to understand me. I'm the monster here and I won't let you suffer for my crimes."

You let out a cry; "you're not a monster."

"To them I am." Murphy mumbled, before shaking his head. He hated being emotional, so he took a step back from you and offered a smirk; "so prove to them I'm not." You sighed, pausing for a moment before finally relenting and nodding. Satisfied with your agreement, Murphy nodded and offered one final wave before heading off into the forest.

Your eyes stayed on his figure until he disappeared through the crowd and you stayed out in the cold until Bellamy came. You said nothing but walked past him.

Author: justauthoring