Imagine // Happy Again.

"P-please," I stuttered, streams of tears running down my cheeks as Tom gripped me by my arms so rough I was afraid he would break my bones. I was sure big bruises would cover that spots later, but now it was the least of my worries. I was afraid of what would come next.

His face was covered in rage and his eyes were burning like flames. I knew nothing good would follow. He was mad at me because I had disobeyed him. He had banned me from talking with Murphy, but when Murphy had approached me earlier that day I couldn't just ignore him. He had always been nice to me and if there wasn't my abusive boyfriend we would probably be more than just friends. But I knew that Tom would kill me if I just bought up the idea of breakup.

"Shut up. I told you not to talk to him, yet you did. So now there are consequences," he let go of one of my arms and brought his hand to my face, slapping me with full force and then grabbed me by my neck. "When I'll come back from hunt I'll fuck this out of you and you'll be a good girl again. But if I find out you talked with that bastard again, things will get really bad for you. Understand?"

"Y-yeah," I choked out, shrugging against his grip.

"Good," satisfied with my answer he threw me harshly backwards, making me land on our bed and then walked out without any more words.

The day was unusually hot compared to the last few days. The sun was brightly shining and there was no trace of wind that would make the heat more bearable. Everyone was throwing the layers of their clothing away, showing off their perfect bodies. Everyone except me. It wasn't that I would be shy or ashamed of my body, but I had my arms and back covered in various bruises. Because of that I decided to keep my jacket on, since I didn't want people to see and ask me what had happened to me.

"Y/N, don't be crazy. Take that jacket off before you hurt yourself," Harper, who was working on a wall with you, gave you concerned look.

"I am fine. It's not even that hot," I retorted, sending her a smile to reassure her I was okay. She just shrugged, giving up since it wasn't her first try that day.

As I worked on the wall the whole day and I had to admit the heat was unbearable. Streams of sweat run down my body and my skin felt as if it was boiling, but I tried to ignore it as much as I could. Luckily, at least I hadn't had to encounter John, who was too busy, since Bellamy had gone hunting too so he was in charge of the camp for now. It wasn't that I wouldn't love to spend time with Murphy, but I was afraid of Tom.

I decided to sit on a log to rest a little, because I felt exhausted, my head was spinning and I had problems catching my breath. I knew everything would be easier if I took my jacket off, but I decided rather to hold on, knowing it would be getting colder soon as night was approaching. Knowing there was still work to do I stood up to get back to work. However, once I was on my feet, I stumbled seeing black dots and felt my legs giving up under me. I expected to feel the impact of hitting the ground but before it could happen I had already lost my consciousness.

I woke up feeling someone brushing my hair with their hand. I quickly opened my eyes just to see John sitting next to me as I laid on makeshift bed in the dropship. I instinctively jerked away from him, expecting Tom to show up which would lead to another beating from him. However, Murphy looked at me with a relief in his eyes, having no clue of my fear.

"Finally, you are awake," he sighed relievedly. Just then I remembered what had happened and realised that I was missing something. As I looked down to my arms I noticed I wasn't wearing my jacket anymore and my arms covered with greenblue spots were exposed. John followed my gaze and seeing my panicked reaction he gently placed his hand on my forearm. "You collapsed from heart, because you declined taking off your jacket. Now I understand why. Where you got them?"

"I, uh, you know how clumsy I can be and that plus the fact that I get bruises easily led to this, but it's nothing to worry about," I motioned to my body, hoping he would believe it.

"Don't lie to me, Y/N, those are handprints on you. So who did this to you?" He narrowed his eyes at me waiting for an answer. I opened my mouth to say something but no words left because I didn't know what to say. However, the silence was somehow enough for him to figure out. "It was him. It was Tom, wasn't it?"

"I... Y-yeah," I nodded lowering my head defeated. I had no idea what would happen next, but I knew it wouldn't be anything good.

"That fucking son of a bitch! I am going to kill him," Murphy abruptly stood up, turning towards the exit to leave, but I caught his arm.

"No, please."

"He deserves it," he shook his head snatching his arm from my hold and ran outside.

I stood up, but was too weak to follow him so I sat back knowing there was no way for me to stop him anyway. After a few minutes I heard someone entering the dropship. I looked up to see John walking in, blood dripping from his lips. I stood up again, taking a few steps towards him to examine his face, looking for some serious damage.

"You are hurt," I commented, grabbing a cloth and cleaning the face from blood.

"It's nothing. He ended up much worse. If Bellamy hadn't stopped me, I would have killed him."

"Great. Now he'll kill me," I crashed onto the bed, hugging my knees as I felt myself already shaking lightly at that thought.

"No, no, he won't. I won't let him land his hand on you anymore. You are safe now," he sat next to me, bringing me to his chest.

"Thank you," I hugged him, hoping he was right.

"You don't have to worry. I won't let anything happen to you," he kissed the top of my head, brushing my hair with his fingers.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you care?" I asked, a rush of emotions suddenly overwhelmed me as a tear slipped down my cheek. Just then I fully realized how lucky I was for having someone like him. And now when I was free, I wanted nothing more than to show him that.

"Because you don't deserve this," he wiped away the tear with his thumb. "You deserve just to be happy and I intend to do everything to make you happy again."

"You make me happy," I placed a quick kiss on his lips and then hugged him once more.

Author: beautiful-chaos-blake