Imagine // Wanna Bet? - Part Two.

You sat in the class room, waiting for your lecturer, all the while trying not to fall asleep. It wasn't that you had stayed too long at this horrible party yesterday evening, but getting Raven into bed had turned out to be a more difficult task than you had thought. And once she had finally fallen asleep, it seemed impossible for you to do the same.

You had always been a night person. You became the most creative, the most productive always in the late evening, being able to stay awake for hours, doing whatever it was that needed to be done without falling asleep.

The downside of that was simply that it resulted in you being incredibly tired, and even more useless than normally during day time. In the last few weeks you had managed to bring this under control, waking up early, going to bed early, but yesterday you couldn't do anything else than lying in your bed and thinking. About everything that came to your mind.

Your exams, the party, Raven, her ex-boyfriend Finn...John Murphy.

You groaned slightly and looked at your watch. It still were at least ten minutes until the teacher would come, but you knew, as soon as you'd rest your head on the desk the chance of falling asleep was too high. Three hours of sleep were definitely not enough for you.

You kept sulking in your own thoughts, cursing yourself and Raven mentally, until someone sat down next to you, ripping you out of your thoughts.

„So that's what a class room looks like."

Confused you sat up straight, and turned your head to the person on your right.

„Why that look? Didn't expect to see me again so soon?"

You shook your head. „No. Actually not." It wasn't that you had forgotten about him, it was just that you had never thought that he'd show up, let alone sit down next to you.

He scoffed and leant back in his chair. „Looks like you aren't quite the morning person."

„Oh, how could you tell?", you asked back sarcastically and ran a hand through your hair, in the slight hope to make it look somewhat decent. Because you didn't really know what it was, but something about this guy seemed incredibly interesting to you. You barely knew him, and it wasn't as if you'd have a crush on him, but in some way, even though you couldn't really place it yet, you felt attracted to him.

Quickly you changed the subject to lead your thoughts in a less confusing direction.

„I see you're perfectly prepared", you said, your gaze falling on the empty desk in front of him. The boy didn't answer, instead he lifted both his index fingers, gesturing you to wait, before he grabbed his bag next to him and pulled a rather old looking notepad and a halfbroken ballpen out, placing it proudly on his desk. Afterwards he returned his bag down under his chair and held out his hands, presenting you what he had brought with him in an exemplary manner, obviously awaiting some sort of reaction from you.

You scoffed and started to laugh, as you looked how serious he seemed. You shook your head and turned your gaze away from his tattered notebook to him. „I'm so proud of you, John."

A smirk had grown on his face, as he opened his arms, praising himself for his great achievement. „Thank you, thank you."

He lowered his arms again and leaned on the table, opening his mouth to ask you something, when he was interrupted by the lecturer entering the room.