Imagine // New Rules.

One, don't pick up the phone You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone Two, don't let him in You have to kick him out again Three, don't be his friend You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning And if you're under him You...

You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone
Two, don't let him in
You have to kick him out again
Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him
You ain't getting over him

Even though you were sat on the other side of the fire at least 10 feet away from him you could still feel his eyes on you. The more and more of the moonshine he'd consumed the less subtle he'd been about the staring.

"Don't do it Y/N"

"Do what?"

Jasper beside you made a scoffing sound in the back of his throat. "Don't pretend to be stupid, it's insulting to both of us. You know exactly what I'm talking about"

"I promise you I don't" insisting to Jasper you didn't know what he meant probably wasn't the smartest thing you'd ever done but it was better than admitting you did know. If you did that then you would have to acknowledge just how much Murphy's constant staring was getting under your skin.

"Your worth more than how you let him treat you"

"Jasper..."

"No, I'm fed up of being the caring and there for you best friend who has to pick up the pieces after another night spent with him" he turned fully to face you gripping tightly to the cup in his hands. "if you do this again then you're on your own. No more crying to me in the morning"

Jasper had never spoken so harshly to you before and even though you knew what he was saying was the truth it didn't help the hurt.

"I'm not doing it anymore" whispering the words to him you stared into the contents in your cup. Hoping to find some sort of inspiration for what to do next there. "I have new rules"

"And what are they?"

"Nothing I'm sharing" getting back to your feet you gave Jasper your still half full cup of moonshine. "I'm tired, I'm just going to call it a night"

He stared at your face trying to find something in the expression to tell him whether you were being truthful or not. Luckily, you'd gotten very good over the past few months and hiding exactly what it was you were feeling and you kept your face completely blank.

"Alright. I'll see you in the morning"

Bending you kissed Jaspers cheek and made you way over to your tent. It was as cold inside as it was outside so you kept your jacket on sitting down on the bed and pulling out the ragged pack of old earth playing cards you'd inherited from your father on the Ark. As a child you'd watched him sit and shuffle them consistently and when he'd died you'd taken them in your own hands and started to shuffle in exactly the same pattern he had always done. Now it was just a habit, one you used to calm your nerves and get rid of anxiety.

You had known he would follow you, he always did. When he came through the tent entrance he simply stood staring down at you. You could smell alcohol coming off of him and knew that the alcohol was what had pushed him into your tent. After all he only ever wanted you when he was drunk and all alone.

"I'm not doing this Murphy" continuing to shuffle the cars, you focused on the rhythmic noises they made sliding between each other. "So, you can just turn right on around and march back out again"

"Don't be like that Y/N" his voice was persuasive as he came over to stand directly in front of you. "Come on baby, you know you want me too"

Snorting you shook your head "no, that's the thing. I don't want this anymore"

He bent over so his face was next to your ear, you could feel his breath on your skin the whisper of his voice made goose bumps ripple down your skin. "I can make you feel so good baby girl"

The cards slipped, one of the flicked out of pattern and the whole deck fall to the floor. You wanted to drop to the floor and rescue them but Murphy was blocking your body into the bed. "You have to leave" your voice was weaker this time, less sure and you knew he'd picked up on it because he was smirking, already assured that he was going to get his own way.

"But you don't want me to leave do you?" he pushed a tendril of hair behind your ear, finger then trailing down your neck and tracing the edge of your t-shirt.

"I do" putting your hands up to his chest, the material of his shirt was soft in your grasp and you didn't know anymore if you were trying to push him away or pull him closer.

Murphy's hands slid from your shoulders down your arms pushing your jacket off and then trailing around the bottom of your shirt. "Put your arms up" you didn't do it instantly brain still trying to catch up with what your body was doing. Murphy's eyes narrowed at you. "Put your arms up baby"

"Murphy?" you really didn't know what you were agreeing to anymore but you did as he ordered and held your arms up so he could lift up your shirt.

"Good girl" he praised leaning down to bite on your lip, you could tell by the way his eyes widened that he liked the whimper he dragged out of your throat. You also knew you were going to hate yourself in the morning for letting him do this to you again. It didn't matter though, you couldn't stop it as you laid back on the bed with Murphy hovering over the top of you your body surrendered to whatever he wanted from you.

******

When you woke the next morning with dawn flooding through the slight gap in the tents entrance it was to find Murphy passed out beside you, his arm holding you down to the bed. Self-loathing filled your stomach at the sight of him there. You'd let him talk you into it again, you hadn't been strong enough to turn him away. So much for your new rules.

Pulling away from him as he groaned and covered his eyes with one arm you gathered up your strewn around clothes and quickly dressed. "You need to get out of here"

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'm leaving" his voice was rasping and you could hear the hangover there.

"I'm going for breakfast, you'll be gone..."

"By the time you get back" he agreed.

You couldn't look at him anymore and you definitely couldn't look at yourself so you did indeed go to get breakfast. You'd barely stepped outside the entrance when you ran into Jasper. He was smiling and holding two plates of food.

"Morning Y/N!" His smile burnt into your brain and guilt flooded you once more.

"Jasper...."

You didn't get chance to say anything because Jasper's smile faded and you felt Murphy standing behind you.

"Goggles" his voice was smug as he leant down and kissed your neck. "Next time baby"

You could do nothing but stand there as Jaspers whole demeanour changed. He watched as Murphy left and just sighed pushing the plate of food at you he didn't even say anything, simply turned and walked away.

You couldn't deal with this anymore just going back into your tent, dropping the plate of food that you didn't think your stomach could handle you just fell to the ground gathering up the playing cards from where they had fallen the night before. Quickly organising them into a pile and shuffling manically. Tears dripping down your cheeks and hitting the deck of cards, you ignored them though simply shuffling and shuffling.

******

Sorry!! This one was sad! :(

Author: saibh29

Thanks for reading!

Lizz.