Imagine // Wanna Bet? - Part Five.

"So, you like me?"

"Oh, no", Murphy sighed, but smiled nonetheless. "How long am I gonna have to listen to this now?"

She laughed. "You started it, live with the consequences."

Grinning she stood up, and pointed her finger at him. "You're stuck with me now."

Murphy shook his head, and let himself fall back down into the cushions. "God, how did I deserve this?"

"You should be happy. I'm one in a million", she winked, sitting down herself now on her chair.

And Murphy was happy. Somehow. He had no idea what this girl had been doing to him, how this girl had caught his mind, his body, had become everything.

If he thought back, she had been the only girl so far he had felt for like this, and he'd be lying if he said that it didn't scare him. But everytime he looked at her, his heart raced, and at the same time he felt instantly calmer when he was with her.

He felt like he actually belonged somewhere.

Inhaling deeply, he suppressed the thought whether he actually loved her, or if he was just telling himself that because she was the only one that actually seemed interested in him.

Letting his defences down was dangerous, so much he had learned in his life.

"Killjoy", she interrupted his thoughts, and smirked, before she pulled her phone out of her pocket. "And now I'm gonna call Raven again."

Murphy raised his brow and was ready to retort something when he realised, that he as well, had to make a rather important phone call. Instinctively his hand moved into his pocket when he remembered that not he, but (y/n) was currently in possession of said object.

"Okay, you can call her, if you give me back my phone."

"I said it's my trophy!", she said and pouted at him. In every other situation he may would have let her keep it. But right now he needed it.

"(Y/n)", he said again, holding out his hand, and she scoffed, handing him the phone. So far so good.

"Thank you", he said, pulling out every syllable, and taking his phone back.

"Don't thank me, thank my idiocy for having argued with Raven", she sighed, looking at her display probably scrolling through her contacts.

"Thank you", he said again, earning a half-amused, half-disapproving gaze from her, before she looked back at her phone. Good, if she was going to call someone, he would use that time to get his head out of the metaphorical noose that he had basically tied around his own neck.

Quickly he opened his text messages – finding Mbege was more than easy, he was actually one of his only contacts – and typed as fast as he could. At the same time (y/n) held her phone against her ear, waiting impatiently for her best friend to pick up.

Forget the bet. I'm out.

Send.

That would have to be enough for now. The details he could talk about later on. He cast a quick glance on the clock on his phone, realising that it was already 5 PM. Mbege would most likely be in the dormitory soon, where he could explain him the whole situation. Or at least stop this damn bet.

(Y/n) had placed her phone down a second later, looking rather devastated. "She still doesn't pick up."

"Yeah", Murphy said, heaving a small sigh. "I figured." For a moment the two just sat there, (y/n) staring at the ground, Murphy looking at (y/n), silence filling the room.