Imagine // Question Time.

"I think I may be drunk!"

From beside you Murphy cracked his trademarked smirk "Darling drunk was at least 4 to 5 drinks ago. You are wasted"

"Wasted?" the word sounded funny coming from your lips "yup, you may be right. I am waaaaasssstteeeeed" you paused trying to get your alcohol addled brain to think in a semi straight line. "Murphy?"

"Yeah darling?"

"What does wasted even mean?"

Murphy laughed loudly at that, rocking back and forth on the tree trunk you'd both been sat on. "Remind me to explain Hydra station slang to you when we both sober up a bit"

"Deal" you held out your hand to him with your pinky finger extended towards him. He simply stared at your hand in confusion. Sighing you reached out grabbing his hand and wrapping your pinky finger around his own. "Remind me to teach you Mecha Station gestures"

"Deal again"

You reached out for the bottle once more, taking another long swig of the moonshine that was flowing freely around camp from Monty's illegal still.

"Hey Murphy? Let me ask you a question"

"Go right ahead. Right now sweetheart I'm feeling very agreeable"

Spinning around on the log you giggled like a crazy school girl with a crush, you over compensated for the spin and nearly fell head first into the fire. Only Murphy's sudden drunken reflexes kept you from being burnt to a crisp.

"Whoops!" still laughing you squeezed his arm which he was holding you with. "Thanks for that"

"Not a problem darling" he let go of you slowly, obviously checking to see if you were going to stay upright and when you still didn't speak rose one eyebrow at you. "Question?"

"Question? What question?"

Murphy was smirking again, that infuriating little twist of his lips that made you want to hit it right off his face or kiss it off. "You wanted to ask me a question sweetheart" he reminded you again.

"Oh yes! Question for you... I have one of those"

When you still didn't make any move to ask him anything Murphy clicked his fingers under your face. "Hey! Earth to Y/N? Ask your bloody question will you"

"Why do you try so hard to make everyone hate you all the time?"

Obviously, that was as far from what he'd expected you to ask as you could get because he sat there stunned into silence, simply staring at you.

"Well?" you repeated stubbornly, drunken mind refusing to let go of the simple question. "Tell me Murphy. Why do you want everyone to hate you so much?"

"That was never my plan" Murphy didn't know why he was suddenly telling the truth about himself. Especially not why he was telling the truth to some drunk girl he'd met on a tree branch. He was just going to blame the moonshine. "Not to start with anyway" he shrugged his shoulders at you deprecatingly "but hey, someone has to be the bad guy"

"And you nominated yourself?" frowning you tried to make your brain keep working and following his voice. "Bit masochistic though"

"Big word darling what with me being all uneducated and everything"

"You made a mistake"

"Really?" one corner of his mouth was doing the twitching smirk thing again. It must just be a habit you thought absently, something he didn't even realise he was doing anymore. "And what would that be?" he asked staring straight at you.

John Murphy | Imagines & Preferencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें