Imagine // Wanna Bet? - Part Four.

I'd also like to wish the amazing Bob Morley a happy 33rd birthday!!!!

~~~~~

"Okay, what is it with you and John Murphy?"

You turned your attention away from your book to look at Raven, who sat on her desk, staring straight at you, a curious grin plastered on her face.

"What do you mean?", you asked back, placing your book on the little table next to your bed, before you sat up slightly. Your weight supported on your elbow, you had a better look at her.

She rolled her eyes. "I hear he suddenly goes to the lectures? And come on, he is following you like a lost puppy!"

You tried to look as casual as possible. Truth was, you had noticed all this as well, and you couldn't help yourself but to be slightly proud of the effect you had on him. "I help him study for the exams", you said, now sitting up completely, but you couldn't hide the smile that slowly made its way onto your face. "I'm just being nice."

Raven raised her eyebrow, and pushed herself away from the table, rolling a little in your direction with her chair. "You like him."

She said this without moving a single muscle, a cold statement, not a question. And suddenly you felt the need to defend yourself.

"I do not. He's my friend, that's all."

"(Y/n), you've been grinning like an idiot, and you're in a weirdly good mood everytime you come from the library. If I wouldn't know you any better, I'd say that you two are already a couple."

"But we're not." With clenched teeth you noticed how bitter that sounded. Almost regretting. Quickly you added: "And I don't think we ever will be."

Raven just shook her head. "Just be careful with him, okay?"

You furled your brows. "What?"

"I am just worried that he will hurt you. I mean, he always skips classes, he doesn't seem to have any friends except for maybe his roommate, and Murphy is not exactly what you would call a nice person."

You didn't answer immediately. Instead you stared at the floor in front of you, trying to see him like Raven was seeing him. Trying to see in him as nothing but an asshole, who'd come to nothing and would get kicked out of college. But you couldn't. You saw so much more in him, and even though you knew that she was just trying to protect you, her accusations made you furious. Slowly you looked up at her.

"You don't even know him." She opened her mouth, but you didn't let her talk. "I don't have many friends as well. When we talk about real friends, then I just have you. You and now I have him, okay? And maybe he is an asshole, but he is so much more than that. And yeah, maybe I do like him!"