Imagine // Don't Test Me.

-Warnings: nsfw, smut-

It's sweltering and your body aches with exhaustion. You spent the entire day scouting the area surrounding camp with Finn, hiking up hills, dragging yourself through water, and tripping over protruding roots. It's a relief to be seated, fresh food in your stomach. When you finish eating, it's all you can do not to pass out right there.

"Hungry much?" Murphy sits down beside you, glancing at the clean bones beside you. You groan and kick them off to the side, laying back on the ground. Your thighs scream at you with every movement.

"Not right now," you mumble, lifting your arms to cover your face. You're quite sure you can fall asleep just like this.

"What?" The word is sharp. It has a tone to it, almost challenging. Maybe you're just hearing things.

"I'm really tired, Murphy. And sore. I'm not in the mood."

"Not in the mood?" His voice hardens, leaking venom as he snaps at you. "For what? For me?"

You've been friends for a few months. And a little more than friends every once in a while. Countless nights in the same bed have not been accompanied by romance, though. It was more of a mutual agreement between the two of you, a sort of stress relief. He's still the same Murphy, touchy and unpleasant a lot of the time, sometimes even cruel.

You let out a soft sigh, already spent with this conversation. Dropping your arms to the ground, you look up at him, eyes flicking over his face. There's a smear of blood on his left cheek, right above his clenched jaw. You're not equipped to handle his attitude right now.

"I just need a break." You speak softly, hoping he'll understand. He doesn't.

"Yeah, okay, sure." You can tell he's pissed. It doesn't take an engineer to figure that one out. He pushes himself to his feet and glares down at you with cold eyes before turning to walk towards his tent.

You watch him go, rubbing your hands over your face. No doubt he'll be simmering for days if you don't apologize now. It's painful as you sit up. Your muscles protest when you rise to your feet.

"Thanks for the help today." Finn comes up beside you and gives a short smile. He doesn't seem in as bad a shape as you.

"Yeah, whatever." You volunteered to go with him, but didn't know he would act like such a moody asshole for the entire day. It probably has something to do with his awkward love triangle. Yet another reason your time outside of camp was spent in misery. "Not happening again."

"What?" He frowns, eyes curious. "Did I do-"

"I'm busy."

Your legs carry you away faster than you had expected with the amount of damage they took earlier, leaving Finn alone in his confusion. Murphy is seated on the bed, hands supporting his weight off to the sides as he leans back. His gaze moves to yours, face expressionless. Your eyes land on a lantern, smashed and in shards on the ground in the corner.