Imagine // Too Much Jealousy.

You and Murphy had only met once you reached the ground. You immediately warmed up to his sarcastic, douchey personality. He was flirty with everyone and most of the time everyone brushed him off. You didn't. Somehow you found him charming and you let him continually flirt with you, and you occasionally flirted back. One night after you both got drunk, you hooked up, and from that point on it became a regular thing. Last night you had come to his tent, looking for a little stress relief. When you quietly unzipped the zipper and stepped in, he wasn't in his normal pose, waiting for you on the bed. This time he was sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

"Murph-Are you okay?" Your face scrunched out of confusion. His head shot up and he seemed nervous for once in his life.

"I-Uh-I don't think I can, tonight." He blurts out.

"What? Why? Did I do something?" Your brain had immediately thought that he no longer found you desirable.

"No-Not that. I just am not in the mood." He seemed mad suddenly, scaring you slightly.

"Oh. Okay." You turn to walk out the tent flap and then you paused, and spun around on your heel. You looked at him again and started to speak, "Is there someone else? Do you not want to do this anymore?" You would rather just know for good and move on then be tricked into believing something would come out of this.

"No, there's no one else. I don't know if I want to do this anymore." You pout, and with a sudden burst of his usual flare he gives you a smirk for a second and says, "I mean don't get me wrong the sex and you are amazing, but I don't know. I don't know how to explain it."

"Can you try?" You plead with him, and he's right, the sex was amazing and you didn't want it to end.

"I-I'm starting to," He pauses, "I'm starting to want more than just sex." You think about this for a moment.

"Like a relationship?" You question.

"Yea. I guess. If you don't want that then it's okay. I'm perfectly good with the sex." You weren't used to hearing Murphy being slightly more emotional than normal. But you knew you definitely wanted to keep this sex thing going, and you wanted to try out having a relationship with him. You were more scared about how he would be in a relationship, with the way he acted and the way he treated people sometimes.

"I'm down. Sure, let's try it." You shrug and walk over to him, "And now, we are going to keep up with our sex deal." He smirks as you lean down to kiss him.

It was now the next morning and everything felt different. Usually, after you guys banged you would go back to your tent immediately, and rarely you would pass out and leave first thing in the morning. No cuddling or touching, just a place for you to sleep. However, last night, you didn't leave. You had both laid flat on your backs and panted heavily, and he had asked if you wanted to stay. You nodded and turned over on your side facing away from him. He sighed loudly and settled in on his side of the bed. Progressively throughout the night you must have rolled over because when you woke up, you were nestled in his arms, with your leg brought over top of his. You had your bra and underwear on and that was it. You were warm, and this felt nice. You felt comfortable and safe in his arms, and those weren't things you were used to feeling. you breathed in and all you could smell was him. He smelled like the outdoors and there was a faint scent of soap on him. You closed your eyes again and smiled. You could get used to this. You felt him stir and you knew he was waking up. He tensed up at first, realizing the position you were in, and he slowly relaxed. He carefully pushed your leg off of him and your eyes opened, pretending you had just woken up.

"Good morning." You grumbled out, rubbing your eyes awake.

"Morning." He said blankly and you were soon left alone in the bed after he had quickly thrown some clothes on and rushed out the tent. You understood that this was different for him, but it was different for you too and you thought of it as a good kind of different. Considering 'this' was his idea, you hoped heh wouldn't be the one to have second thoughts this quickly. You stood up and pulled on yesterdays disheveled clothing. When you emerged from the tent, Jasper and Monty burst into a fit of laughter. You ran a hand through your hair and crossed your arms.

"What now?" You ask, yawning.

"You and Murphy? Together? Really?" Jasper questioned.

"Yes, really." You mumble. "Please don't make it a big deal." You beg them both, using your face as an extra persuasion method.

"We will try. No promises." Monty says laughing softly.

"Can I ask one question?" Jasper looks at you hopefully. You nod.

"How long have you been a thing?"

"Define a 'thing'" You say using your fingers to air quote the word thing. "Because if 'thing' means sleeping together than that's been going on for a few weeks. If 'thing' means dating, then that started last night." Your honest with them, hoping they will just drop it. They both seem surprised with your admission.

"Wow. Well, the whole camp will know soon enough if you don't cover that up." Jasper says smiling and gesturing towards your collarbone region. You blush and smack his chest as you walk away. You pull your hair in front of your chest to cover your neck.

"What were you guys talking about?" Murphy's voice startles you and you spin around.

"Nothing." You shrug and turn and keep walking towards the wall. You hear Murphy scoff behind you.

The next few days you continue to come over and spend the night with him and you didn't talk much during the day. In fact, he completely ignored you throughout the day unless you were talking to someone else or you spoke directly to him. He had also been extra aggressive recently, and not just to you. He was more moody than normal and it definitely had to do with being your 'boyfriend'. Today was the worst day so far. You had woken up and he had left first like always and you left after. Finn approached you about the possibility of more supplies being in the bunker, and you listened intensely. Suddenly Murphy was there and had turned your head towards his. He kissed you, but it wasn't a warm kiss. It was like he was showing you off. Like you were something he had to polish and keep clean. You push him off of you and Finn shoots you a wide eyed sympathetic look. Murphy stood in front of you now with his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed.

"The fuck was that for?" He fumes at you.

"Pushing you off of me? I was trying to talk to Finn about important things and you interrupted." You both had let your sarcastic personalities come out at this point and you knew this wouldn't lead anywhere good.

"So you would rather talk to him than me?" He glares down at you.

"Well you certainly don't want to talk to me." Your both staring at each other with your arms crossed.
"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That your treating me like shit, in this presumably short relationship." You spit at him, his face changes when you say 'presumably short' revealing your doubts about how long this would last.

"Don't play innocent. You flirt with all the guys. Your always touching them and being obnoxious." You scoff when he says this, if he thinks you not being an asshole is you being flirty, than clearly something had to change.

"You know what? This isn't going to work. Sorry but I'm not going to act like I'm your possession." You speed walk back to your tent. You glance around and are embarrassed by how unintentionally loud you both were. When you got back to your tent you just stood in the middle of the area. You glanced over at your bed which hadn't been slept in for weeks. You ran your fingers through your hair and scoffed out loud thinking of how he had acted. You heard your tent flap opening and it was Murphy.

"Look Y/N, I-I'm sorry." You were surprised by his apology. He doesn't apologize to anyone for anything.

"I acted like a dick because I was afraid to get to close to you, but I was also afraid of losing you. I'm so used to losing people." He admits. You feel bad for yelling at him in front of everyone.

"It's okay. I understand." You say quietly. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I don't like being treated like an object." You say still minorly upset about earlier.

"I didn't mean too. I just saw you talking to Finn and I wanted to show him he needed to back off my girl." You roll your eyes teasingly and smack him lightly.
"Maybe we shouldn't date just yet. But, we can still figure it out and get ready to date." You say with a hopeful look. "And we can keep fucking." You slip in and gives you a half smile and a half smirk.

******

Author: murphysluv

Thanks for reading!!

Lizz.