Nice Girl, Sour Soul

Lyric walks down the hallway, there was only one more place to go before she had to go to work.

Her long black hair swayed as she walked to class, the new girl....who was it? Veronica Hamilton. She had blonde hair styled in a messy ponytail, she's very skinny and her face had been kissed by the sun. She was georgous according to Lyric. But Lyric isn't the superficial type.

Veronica drops her books, Lyric picks up her pace, helping her pick up her notebooks and papers.

"Here, you dropped these." She said politely.

The girl shrugs at Lyric.

"Do I know you?" Veronica asks. Lyric fights the urge to use her comeback she's been building up.

"Do I have to know someone to help them?" Lyric says with a kind smile.

"Well....uh....thanks I guess." Veronica says, walking past Lyric.

Lyric frowns as her vein pops out of her forehead.

The least you could've done was been nice about it....she's new....give her time.

Lyric turns on her heel, resuming her way to the lunchroom, Nadine is her best friend, Nadine is curvy, she had chocolate brown skin and her hair was always straightened. Lyric didn't care about how she looked, she cared about how she treated her.

Nadine's parents have been divorced, her little sister lived with her mother and Nadine lived with her father.

Nadine waves as Lyric walks into the hallway, she brushes her uniform skirt then casually walked to the table.

"You'll never guess what happened." Nadine said with a grin.

"What happened?" Lyric asks.

"Some girl called me a bitch, I wanted to sock her in the face so bad but you'll probably be lost without me while I'm suspended." Nadine said.

"You're my only friend." Lyric said, crossing her legs.

"Well Kai literally told me to get out of her seat." Lyric said.

"Lyric we both know that you aren't to keen on cold hearted people who are hella rude." Nadine said.

It's true, Lyric never liked the people who bullied, cussed out their own friends and made commentary about every single girl that even dared to walk past them.

Kai was one of those girls, she wanted to fight everyone, she called her own friend a bitch just for her sitting in her spot during Environmental science. Sad.

Kai had brown hair, pink highlights, well toned skin and she had the perfect body, but she was known to be a penny, as in always trying to get in someone's pants, she had long acrylic nails, more like talons if you ask Lyric. But don't get to thinking that it's a mean girl/popular girl cliché, Kai had better things to do then pull a Regina George on someone. Basically, Kai is a bad bitch....well at least she thinks she is.

Her best friend was Candy, her real name was Candace but she chose to go by a stripper's name, she's nice to Lyric and Nadine but if you're the type to talk out of the side of your face, Candy can make your life miserable.

"She needs to calm down, and grab a pack of mentos, I'm pretty sure that everyone is tired and begging her to close her mouth." Lyric giggles.

"How come you're so nice?" Nadine asks.

"Because I could tell when someone deep down just wants to be nice to me and be my friend. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have met you." Lyric said.