Lyric's Despair

"Can I come in?" Carson asks.

"I just wanna be left alone Carson." Lyric says.

The door opens, Lyric sighs.

"Ace left to go shopping." Carson says, he sits on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry about-"

"It's fine."

"Everything, I'm just looking out for my brother, he's been through so much from the seven years." Carson says.

"I can relate." Lyric says.

There was a long silence after that.

"Well, have you ever played baseball?"

Lyric furrows her eyebrows. "No...." Carson walks over to the closet, grabbing a baseball bat.

"Ace doesn't want it."

"Why are you giving it to me?"

"So you can break someone's back if they mess with Ace."

"Or you." Carson says.

"You know about the-"

"Darling I know about Keith, he used to be my friend until he betrayed us." Carson says.

"Who are the Copperheads?" Lyric asks.

"A very notorious gang, and famous for shipping drugs and killing whoever gets in their way."

"And you must know who our father is..." Carson says.

"Not really...." Lyric says. Carson takes a deep breath.

"I live under a rock so I don't know billionaires and most celebrities." Lyric says.

"Our father is a billionaire. He lives in New York."

"Then how does this have a connection?" Lyric asks.

"There are many secrets to the Williams family." Carson says.

"Alicia Knowels, she died two years ago."

"She was a singer that worked under the influence of my Dad, but our Dad and the Copperheads had a really bad rivalry, and this endangered lives. Alicia witnessed a murder of one of Dad's employees. They shot her right there on spot."

"That's just cruel."

"And that's not even the whole part of it."

"Our Dad has shadows....as in thugs. He exchanged a large amount of money for them to handle his dirty work for him, whether it meant for them to kill a whole safe house of the Copperheads or kidnap a thug's child, they got it done."

"You don't know what lengths a person is willing to go for money."

"I do." Lyric said.

"I honestly don't know how you got tangled in this....but do you know?"

"I've had a normal life, raised money for my brother, and I would've sold drugs if that meant Leo could have a better life." Lyric confesses.

"But it's just been me, my mom and my brother....my dad left us when I was thirteen."

"Sorry to hear that." Carson says.

"Well, keep the bat." Carson says. "I'm going to call Ace."

Lyric curls into a ball.

If Keith had something to do with Leo....nothing is gonna stop me from tearing his face off.

Tears stream down Lyric's cheeks as she bit her lip.