The Truth Always Comes Out

Ace sighs. Lyric kept her distance, even though there wasn't enough room in the bed.

"I can handle it." Lyric said.

Ace nods. "It started when we were trying to get by on the streets, I got into illegal fist fights, we were starving. At that point, Carson and I were desperate for food."

"Until I met Keith, he had an offer for me to be his right hand man, and since I was empty...I went along with it, I was sadistic."

"That sadistic side of me, is now a part of me." Ace confessed.

"I don't enjoy killing, never had. It was a job."

Lyric sighs, Ace starts to get up, she grabs his arm.

"Stay." She whispers.

Ace nods, resting his head on top of hers as Lyric cried.

Ace's thoughts went back to the day he became Keith's bodyguard.

Ace had a black eye that was healing, he stood against the brick wall, Keith was carrying a duffel bag full of money.

Another rival gang, the Silver Bloods had an exchange of cocaine, which is really popular in the streets.

Ace hid his gun, they stood under the small roof as it rained, as cars pulled up Ace tensed a little. They consider Ace as Snake Eyes.

How he got the nickname? You never see him coming, and Ace Williams was a guy you didn't want to get involved with.

If someone needed Ace to kill someone, he will get the job done.

An assassin? Not exactly, he was paid to do the dirty work.

A man steps out of the car, he had tattoos all over his head, he was big and bulky, he saunters over to Keith.

"Do you have the package?" Keith asks.

"Money first." The man seethes.

Keith kicks the duffel bag over to him.

"I must warn you. Snake Eyes over here is watching your every move."

"We'll see about-" The man cut himself off by trying to shoot Keith, Ace shot the man clean through the head.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Keith chimes.

Keith laughs as others aimed the guns at them.

"Never have your gang leader do exchanges...especially if he's a mole."

"He didn't snitch!" A man yells.

The rest of Keith's gang starts shooting everyone down.

"Don't fuck with us." Keith says to a man laying down.

"Come on Snake Eyes." Keith says as he walks off. Ace follows him down the street and to the SUV.

Lyric opens her eyes, she looks to see Ace laying on her shoulder.

She sadly looks at him.

She felt like she had been punched in the stomach, she lost a life inside her. A life that was developing. A life that would've been the most important thing to Lyric.

I will never get to see my child.

Lyric moves her long hair over one shoulder. Ace grabs her arm.

"Hey..." Ace says.

He was worried about her.

"Go home." Lyric said.