Keep Trying

Ember had fell asleep on Naomi's couch. Lyric had a few shots of liquor to calm herself down.

It was a habit the women in the Reid family do.

"Ember..." Lyric says calmly.

Ember kept drooling as she snored, she slept with her elbow propped up, they had been watching movies and eating popcorn.

Lyric had planned to visit Naomi in the hospital after Ember woke up.

"No..." Ember whines.

Someone knocks on the door, Lyric opens it to see Omar glaring back at her.

"Where the fuck were you two?!" He bellows. Ember shoots up, her hair tousled.

"She took me-"

Omar shoves Lyric to the side, he storms up to Ember, who froze.

"I gave you important orders, and you FUCK that up!!" Omar yells.

"It won't happen again!" Ember yells.

"No...it won't." Omar said matter-of-factly.

"I'm afraid I'll have to punish you." Omar says.

"It's a shame because you were one of the best." He says coyly.

Lyric immediately runs between them.

"It's my fault!" Lyric says.

"You think your daddy's an idiot?" Omar asks.

"Don't hurt her." Lyric says.

"I made her do it, when she was teaching me how to use a gun, I threatened to kill her with it." Lyric said.

"She's lying!"

"Shut up." Omar snaps at Ember.

"Or I'll end your sad life myself."

"I guess I have to punish you." Omar says.

Lyric closes her eyes, Omar grabs her hair.

"No!!!" Ember yells.

"I'll kill you where you stand Ember, don't get involved." Omar growls.

He yanks Lyric closer to him. She yelps out in pain, he forces her into the bathroom.

"Stand up." He growls.

Lyric stood up. Omar swung out a fist that connected to her face. She staggers back, her face stinging in pain.

He swung again, this time punching her hard in the lip. She felt her lip go numb as she tasted her blood. He grabs her by the shoulders.

"You wanna be a damn toughass!" Omar yells in her face.

"Fight!" He yells before slamming her body against the wall causing Lyric to scream out in pain.

He shoves her into the shower, she hits her head against the wall.

Pain erupts from the back of her head, almost making her dizzy. Omar wraps his hands around her neck, squeezing as hard as he could.

Lyric tries to pry his fingers off of her. He glares at her.

"You're pathetic Lyric."

Lyric tries to gasp for air, Omar turns on the shower, cold air went all over her face.

Blood begun to run from her face and down the tub into the drain.

He turns off the shower, kicking her in the stomach and storming out of the bathroom.