Not In Your World

As the footsteps got closer. Miracle sat at the other end of the table.

Lyric reaches for Ace's hand, she squeezes it. Ace pats her thigh, giving her a relax and breathe face.

Because Lyric would've freaked.

"Good evening family." A low voice says.

Lyric hears the table screech.

"Let's begin dinner." He said.

Lyric kept her head hung low. Ace hated the lack of confidence she had when she was absolutely beautiful.

"Nice to see that you've joined us Ace." The man said.

"After seven years."

Ace drops his fork, Lyric grabs his hand, casually rubbing his knuckles to  calm down and relax Ace.

"Alexander." Miracle says, her voice firm.

The man ignores her. "Elise what did I tell you about that dress?"

"The other one was too tight." Elise says quietly.

"That's your beauty pageant dress, go change now."

Elise runs out of the room.

"You don't need to be so harsh." Miracle says.

"Even at home you have to follow the rules. That's her career dress, God knows that child is a jinx on legs!"

"Clara and Megan...I see you're still drinking again."

"Would you stop with your shade?" Miracle asks. "Your son didn't have to come back but he did it anyway."

"Oh yes Ace, your future."

The man kept eating, some people got up and left. Lyric couldn't see what the man looked like because she used her hair to curtain her face.

It was a bit rude...but she didn't like the way he almost made Elise cry.

And how he threw shade at almost everyone.

Some kids also left so that it was only four people in the room: Ace, Lyric, Miracle and Ace's father.

"You."

"The one next to Ace."

Lyric slowly raises her head. Ace starts to tense.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lyric Reid." She chirps. "I'm Ace's girlfriend."

"I see."

The man had blue eyes like Ace, his hair was white and it was slicked back, he wore a business suit and he was dabbing the sides of his mouth with a napkin.

"Does your family own a business?" He asks.

"No."

"Do you?"

"No..."

"Are your parents celebraties?"

"No..." Lyric says.

"Do you even live with your parents?"

"Alexander!" Miracle snaps.

Alexander puts his hand out to stop Miracle from talking.

"Do your parents even have a job?" He asks.

"No..." Lyric felt her heart sink...she never had parents that truly loved her, one was somewhere and the other was getting high.

"Do you have any ideas about your future?"

"No...I still need time to figure it out."

"I see, until you get pregnant and that will already decide your future."