Secrets

When Ace stops, Lyric looks at the house, the house was huge, it was a loft, Lyric gawks.

"You ever seen a house before?" Ace asks.

"Actually....no." Lyric admits, Ace looks at her puzzled.

"I live in a apartment, I never been inside a real house," Lyric adds.

"Well guess it's your lucky day." Ace mumbles, he walks inside, Lyric follows, he leads her upstairs.

"Hey Ace." Lyric chirps.

"Spell it." Ace says without looking at her.

"Do you go out with Kai?" She asks.

"Hell no!" Ace almost shouts.

"She's fake." Ace adds. "Well that explains why she kept kissing on-"

"No need to describe." Lyric says. Lyric follows Ace inside the room, it had one of those beds that you have to pull down from the wall, there was a desk at the side, and a bean bag chair in the corner.

"Well you sleep her for tonight." Ace says, turning around, Lyric stops him. He pulls out a baggy t-shirt with black sweatpants.

"Thanks Ace." Lyric says, Ace smiles.

"No problem." He said as he closed the door, Lyric puts on the clothes, then she sleeps inside the bed, her stomach screams as she lies down.

Lyric's mother gazes down at Lyric, Lyric had tears in her eyes.

"Mama! I'm sorry! I won't curse again!!!!" Lyric yells as the thunderclaps scares her, she jumps. Her mother looked at her, her lip formed into a thin line.

"Get the fuck out of my house." She said icily. Lyric sobbed as she stood outside, things always happened when Diane got drunk, but she was worse when she was high, she went after Lyric like a feirce lion....literally.

Lyric sat outside as the rain poured down, the door next to their apartment opened, a woman walked out, she had chocolate brown skin and long curls, her eyes had a dark brown tint, she kneeled to her.

"What happened baby?" She asked soothingly.

"She kicked me out again." Lyric said, the woman glared at the door, she scooped Lyric up in her arms.

"I'll save you....I promise." She whispered as she took her inside the house. She continued to soothe her as she dried her off and gave her cookies.

Lyric learned to live with kindness and understanding others.

But after a while, the woman disappeared, leaving Lyric alone with Diane, Lyric wanted to be like her. To be kind, generous, strong, selfless. So she raised Leo herself.

Lyric tosses and turns in her sleep, her stomach bothering her to the point she arches her eyebrows in pain.

Lyric walked home from school, Leo ran to her.

"Lyric!!!" He yelled, he always found something to be happy about, he hugs Lyric, she pats his back.

"Hey Leo, is the door opened?" Lyric asked, grabbing her key, she used it anyway, Leo sat on the couch as Lyric passed him a bag of snacks.

She laid down as Leo walked down into his room, their heater shut down two days ago, so they had to warm up in blankets and they huddled together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyric opens her eyes, she felt like a queen sleeping in the king's bed, no pun intended.