This Is Gonna Hurt

Ace storms out, Lyric's eyes widen.

"This is our fight Keith." Ace growls, Keith says.

"Lyric here is your weakness.....Adessa however meant a lot more than our little lady Lyric here."

"Adessa??" Lyric asks, Keith puts a finger to his lips.

"I was gonna break that cute little nose of hers." Keith says, pretending to hit Lyric.

"You inspire my inner serial killer." Ace chuckles. "And it's gonna come out if you hit her." Ace says.

"May I ask what you see in her???" Keith asks.

"Lyric darling, I'm going to honest, they're better girls out there." Keith says, Lyric closes her eyes.

"Fuck you Keith." Lyric says. Keith throws her onto the ground.

That was it for Ace, he ran to Kodiak, ramming him against the wall, punching him in the face so hard Kodiak fell on his rear end, Ace runs to the other guy, he punches him in the stomach hard, he punches him until he crumpled over, throwing up. The other guy grabs a pipe, Ace ducks.

"You don't have shit without that." Ace mumbles, he punches him in the jaw, the boy withers away to the dumpster. Keith grins.

"You're a fucking madman." Keith mumbles. "Just like I raised you." Keith says, Lyric glared up at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Lyric asks.

Ace heabutts Keith before he could answer.

"That's why Adessa gave up on your ass, because you're fucking pathetic." Keith says, Ace roars, throwing hard blows to Keith's face, Lyric pulls Ace off him.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Ace yells.

Keith smirks as he spat out his blood, his peircings setting Lyric off.

"Lyric, Ace kept so many secrets from you.....he doesn't know which one to start with....besides the fact that he talked to me about you." Keith says.

Lyric turns to Ace, with a puzzled look on her face.

"What is he talking about?" Lyric asks but Ace ignores her.

"Keep your mouth shut." Ace says, Keith laughs.

"Lyric, you must think you're special. Sweetie I hate to break your heart but he's still thinking that girl....and he probably still loves her....don't you Ace?" He asks.

"Shut UP." Ace growls, kicking him, Lyric grabs him.

Ace yanks his arm away from Lyric, she glares at him, crossing her arms.

"Get in." Ace says.

Lyric steps inside, she closes the door. Tears brimming at her eyes.

"We need to call the cops." Lyric says.

"You're funny Lyric. The police wouldn't be able to find Keith and his punk gang. And Keith has connections with the chief of police, his family is threatened." Ace says with a shrug.

"Ace. He tried to cut me with a FUCKING SWITCHBLADE."

"Lyric, just because this place is quiet doesn't mean it's safe." Ace says.

"You of all people should know this." Ace adds.

"You have a point. What are we gonna do?" Lyric asks.

"Lyric, you know somebody who's a part of the Copperheads." Ace says.

"Copperheads?" Lyric asks.

"Don't play dumb." Ace says.

"It's just been me, Leo and my mother." Lyric says.

"Really? Why is she at this part of the city?" Ace asks.

"Answer me Lyric. You're not fighting me on this one." Ace says.

"My mom is a prostitute. Is that what you want to know?" Lyric asks.

"Your Dad?" Ace asks.

Lyric goes quiet, she fought her angry tears and the urge to beat the hell out of Ace.

"He.......he left a long time ago." Lyric mumbles.

"What was that?" Ace asks.

"He left! He left when I was thirteen and he didn't come back." Lyric says, angry tears rolling down her cheeks. "And he fucking hates me." Lyric says.

Ace goes silent.

"You're full of shit Ace. I hate you." Lyric growls.

"Get in line." Ace says emotionlessly.

"Anything else you need to say before I gut your annoying ass alive?" Ace asks.

"Only two words." Lyric says as he kept driving.

"Fuck. You." Lyric says, showing the middle finger.

After that came long silence, Lyric looks as he pulls into his driveway, she hops out, walking to his door. Ace opens it, Lyric paces around the living room.

"Why is it always me?" Lyric asks silently.

If only you knew....living for me is like breathing with a broken rib. I hate myself more than you can hate me. Everyday is like a curse because I'm not dead yet. Ace thought to himself.

"Don't even start." Ace says.

"I didn't ask to have a broken family! I didn't ask to be tied to you. I didn't ask for Keith to target me! I didn't ask for my own Dad to leave me. I didn't ask to live." Lyric says as she threw a pillow at him.

Lyric backs up against the wall as Ace walks towards her.

"Stay away from me." She mumbles.

Lyric broke down into tears, sobbing like a toddler, her face turns a bright shade of red as she gasps for air.

"Oh....don't.....do that...." Ace mumbles.

Ace couldn't think of anything to say so he hugs her tightly, Lyric hits him in his back, Ace rubs her backside. Lyric's cries slowly stop.

"Stupid." Ace mumbles.

"Asswhole." Lyric shot back.

"I try." Ace says, Lyric breaks away.

"Who's Adessa?" Lyric asks.

"Someone." Ace says with a shrug.

"Lyric, I know I'm a ass." Ace says. "But you don't deserve to know who I am. Take it how you want it but you're not finding out anytime soon." Ace adds.

"Ace, we don't deserve to know about each other." Lyric says, walking away.

"Just know that you're a asswhole and you just hide your real self behind this bad boy image." Lyric says.

Ace stuck up the middle finger. "Fuck you." Ace says with a twisted smile.

"I'd rather eat my cousin's dinner casserole and get food poisoning." Lyric says.

"And Ace?" Lyric asks.

"What?"

"Thanks." Lyric says.

"For what?" Ace asks. Lyric rolls her eyes.

"For comforting me, although you suck at it and you're full of crap." Lyric says.

"And I know you were just trying to make me mad by flipping me off." Lyric says.

"I got it from you." Ace says.

"One thing straight. I'm not sleeping with you so don't get your hopes high."

"I know." Ace says.

"I'm sorry for earlier." Ace says.

"I know." Lyric says with a blank stare.