Saved By A Smoker

Ace pulls into a driveway, Nathan's neighborhood was way better, clean streets, some Christmas decorations are already out, he opens the door, Lyric walks Leo up to the house, knocking.

The door opens and a georgous middle aged woman leaps to hug Lyric. She had dark chestnut brown hair that was in large curls, she had black eyes that glistened with happiness and pride, she had a tattoo on her neck. Even though she's Lyric's older cousin, she goes by as her aunt.

"Hey baby!!!! You're finally off work!!" Her cousin squeals, Lyric grins.

"Missed you Colette."

"Is Leo staying the night?" She asks, she wore a green sweater, and skinny pants, Colette was more like a teen than a adult, you'd  see her sitting on the kitchen counter with her legs crossed, and going through social media.

"Is that okay?" Lyric asks.

"Baby, anything slides with me, I'm your cousin. Besides, you kept an eye on Nathan on his work hours." Colette says.

"Mom please..." Nathan pleads.

"Wake up sleepyhead." Lyric said, Leo hugs Nathan.

"Hey chainsmoker." Leo says. Colette rolls her eyes.

"Smoking in front of little Leo? Boy..." Colette swears.

Nathan had long curly bangs covering his eyes, he crosses his arms.

"Can you not embarrass me?" Nathan asks.

"Can you not make so much noise upstairs? I know you have a girl up there, but I'm not about to talk too much about that." Colette says, walking inside.

"Girl huh?" Lyric asks.

"Lyric. Don't. Grill. Me." Nathan says slowly.

"I can't stay too long, my mother disappeared somewhere, I have to find her." Lyric says.

"How's she doing?" Nathan asks.

"Just fine." Lyric lies, Nathan raises a eyebrow.

"You two dating?" Nathan asks.

"Business Nat." Ace says, with a box of Newports in his hand.

"Well, take care of Lyric."

"I can take of myself. I'm a strong woman." Lyric says.

Leo walks to the couch, his cousin, Mark hands him a controller. Mark had hair put in a ponytail, glasses.

"Come on! Let's play some Mario Cart." He says excitedly. Lyric turns to Nathan.

"I'll come by to drop off some-"

"Mom's cooking...."

Lyric's face fell, one time for Leo's birthday, she got food poisoning from eating some of Colette's chicken.

"Lyric, she's only reheating Genny's fried chicken and cooking mac and cheese. I'll watch her this time." Nathan says.

"You better." Lyric warns.

"I can hear you!" Colette shouts.

"Nathan said it not me!" Lyric shouts, Ace laughs, Lyric walks to Ace's car, Ace begun driving down the road.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace drops her off at the bar.

"Lyric, are you sure?" Ace asks.

"Ace, if I can't find her....I'll call you." Lyric says, Ace nods.

"Okay, just try not to bust your ass." Ace says, Lyric glares at him.

"I'll bust yours." Lyric growls.

Ace sticks up the middle finger. "Stay crazy Lyric." He says.

"If you don't answer my calls in the next hour, I'm coming after your ass, like it or not." Ace says, Lyric sticks up the middle finger.

"Sure." Lyric says, turning around and walking to the door as Ace sped off. She opens the door to see people making out. Lyric looks at the bartender, he was bald with tattoos all over his neck.

"Have you seen a woman, older than me come in here?"

"I've seen many women in here, was she a call girl?" He asks.

"Y-yeah." Lyric says.

"Black hair, she has a butterfly tattooed on her wrist, she wears these earrings with the letter D on them."

"Skin yellow as yours?" He jokes, Lyric crosses her arms as she glares at him.

"Yes?" Lyric asks.

"She hooked up with some guy, talking about making money. He seemed interested and you know the rest...." He says.

"Was she drunk?"

"Tipsy." He corrects.

"They left together, don't hurt yourself woman, if she's your wife-"

"Mother." Lyric corrects.

"Look? Are you going to sit there with your resting bitch face or are you gonna get out of here, you look young."

"I'm leaving." Lyric says.

"Bye old man." Lyric snaps before walking outside. Lyric walks down the sidewalk, some people were smoking, a group of girls from Lyric's school grin.

"Get your ugly ass outta here." One girl taunts.

"Shut the fuck up." Lyric says. The girl laughs as the girls grin.

"Bye bye." They taunt, Lyric walks off, she kept going to bars and even a handful of strip clubs, but Diane was nowhere to be found.

"Hey baby." Someone says. Lyric sighs.

"Don't touch me." She snaps, jerking her hand away from Keith.

"I do whatever the fuck I want, this is my street, and you're just a stray kitten." He taunts, more guys surround her, she glares at Keith.

"What do you want?" Lyric demands aggressively.

"Relax sugar, the fun just begun." Keith says. "It's not fair Ace gets to have you." Keith taunts.

"I wouldn't get too close." Lyric warns.

"I'm scared." Keith says, he smirks as a guy picks Lyric up, she throws punches into his arm.

"Hit her." Keith says.

"I thought we were going to reason with her." The man said.

"Kodiak, you and your brother are already on thin ice from losing the shipment of ammo. I wouldn't question me when I'm close to the fire."

"Go on, hit me. It's not going to change anything." Lyric growls.

"You heard the woman, she's already bold as hell."

A guy punches her stomach, Lyric's eyes widen as he threw another powerful blow.

"Any words?" Keith asks, cupping Lyric's face with the palm of his hand, she glares at him.

"Fuck you." Lyric growls.

The man holding her drops her, Keith grabs her hair, forcing her to sit up, Lyric yelps in pain.

"Tell me where Ace lives." Keith growls.

"You should ask him yourself." Lyric says. Keith forces her onto her feet, he flicks out a switchblade, putting it to her neck, Lyric glares at him.

"You're not scaring me." Lyric says boldly.

"You're right, you're stubborn as shit." Keith says. He balls up his fist as if he's going to punch her in the face but a car revved in.

"Oh shit!!!" Someone yells, Keith grabs Lyric by the back of her neck.

"Looks like your boyfriend is here." Keith says.